Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: One-way syncing to a second PC still buggy

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518

    Angry One-way syncing to a second PC still buggy

    Hi

    Syncing with my main PC and the Device runs quite stable lately.
    However, syncing the data one-way to a second PC is still buggy with the same as reported about a year ago!

    Syncing the birthday calendar entries just messes up completely.

    - Birthday calendar entries in OL are all belonging to a Bday category/color and don't have an alarm set
    - This can be verified on the Android in DJO and is perfectly synced from the main PC to the device.
    - Though everything is set to on-way from Android to OL in CL, I completely cleared the calendar in OL ... just to make sure ..
    - After the sync I get the following results:

    1. I get all of the bdays, correct without alarm and with the correct color/category,
    but with a wrong year for the most of them. They have the correct day and month, but the year is set to either 1970 or 2007.

    2. About half of the bdays are duplicated in OL,
    with the correct date/month/year, but with an alarm set and without a color/category

    What a mess!

    I would really deeply appreciate if this bug can finally be fixed.
    McL
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  2. #2
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Hi

    Syncing with my main PC and the Device runs quite stable lately.
    However, syncing the data one-way to a second PC is still buggy with the same as reported about a year ago!

    Syncing the birthday calendar entries just messes up completely.

    - Birthday calendar entries in OL are all belonging to a Bday category/color and don't have an alarm set
    - This can be verified on the Android in DJO and is perfectly synced from the main PC to the device.
    - Though everything is set to on-way from Android to OL in CL, I completely cleared the calendar in OL ... just to make sure ..
    - After the sync I get the following results:

    1. I get all of the bdays, correct without alarm and with the correct color/category,
    but with a wrong year for the most of them. They have the correct day and month, but the year is set to either 1970 or 2007.

    2. About half of the bdays are duplicated in OL,
    with the correct date/month/year, but with an alarm set and without a color/category

    What a mess!

    I would really deeply appreciate if this bug can finally be fixed.
    McL
    McL,

    I just had a meeting with our QA team and here is the expected behavior for Syncing birthdays.
    We can sync the birthday calendar from Outlook to DejaOffice.
    However, if Sync with Android Calendar is turned on in DejaOffice the behavior you are reporting is expected. There is a issue with the Android Calendar handling those events. It is a platform issue between Android/Outlook.

    If DejaOffice is not syncing with the Android Calendar in your situation, then this is a bug and we can get a log file to look at trying to resolve it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Thomas,

    DejaOffice is not syncing with the Android Calendar.
    I'll prepare a log from DJO and CL and send it to you.

    Thanks and best regards
    Franz
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Me again.
    I have to make some additions. Take one recurring entry as a sample:
    Recurring calendar item: Begin 24.05.1961, End 24.05.1961, Frequency: annual
    After syncing to DJO and looking at the item in the calendar it shows "all day" 24.05.2012, annual ... (not opened to edit!).
    Opening to edit asks for: this..., all..., future ... or quit -> I select all and it opens to edit, showing me:
    From: 24.05.1970, to 24.05.1970, Series-end is set to none but the date field caries a strange 24.05.1975

    So, the bug seems to happen on the normal sync from the PC to the Device and seems to have nothing to do with the second PC.
    Thomas, maybe you remember, I already reported this last year ... what happened?
    I'll send you the DJO log.
    Franz

    Btw: It would be very nice to see the beginning or end date (specially the year!) when looking at the calendar entry. Showing the current year makes no sense and one is forced to open the entry to edit to see the originating year.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Any news on that?
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Hey, somebody alive here?
    I am still suffering this issue, even with the latest version. It even makes it easier to confirm since now "Linked Records" are shown in the contacts.
    Sample 1: Contaxct shows Birthday: 10.03.1963, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 10.03.2007 13.00
    Sample 2: Contaxct shows Birthday: 28.11.1962, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 28.11.2007 13.00
    Sample 3: Contaxct shows Birthday: 07.05.1966, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 07.05.1970 13.00
    So, there is a problem obviously, since in OL these are all correct and the wrong date always uses 1970 or 2007.
    Do I have to take this silence as consent?
    Last edited by McLion; 06-05-2012 at 01:54 AM.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  7. #7
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Hey, somebody alive here?
    I am still suffering this issue, even with the latest version. It even makes it easier to confirm since now "Linked Records" are shown in the contacts.
    Sample 1: Contaxct shows Birthday: 10.03.1963, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 10.03.2007 13.00
    Sample 2: Contaxct shows Birthday: 28.11.1962, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 28.11.2007 13.00
    Sample 3: Contaxct shows Birthday: 07.05.1966, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 07.05.1970 13.00
    So, there is a problem obviously, since in OL these are all correct and the wrong date always uses 1970 or 2007.
    Do I have to take this silence as consent?
    McLion,

    I fully believe there is an issue here.
    Is this data as reported above in DejaOffice or in Outlook as well? I am reading this as being in DejaOffice.
    My memory tells me you do not Sync with the Android Calendar. (Sig file would be helpful on this)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    McLion,
    Is this data as reported above in DejaOffice or in Outlook as well? I am reading this as being in DejaOffice.
    My memory tells me you do not Sync with the Android Calendar. (Sig file would be helpful on this)
    Data is perfect in OL. It is just DO that shows wrong dates in contacts as well as in the calendar.
    Your memory is correct, I sync with Android contacts only and not with the calendar.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  9. #9
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Data is perfect in OL. It is just DO that shows wrong dates in contacts as well as in the calendar.
    Your memory is correct, I sync with Android contacts only and not with the calendar.
    SO correct me if I am wrong here -
    System 1 = 2 way sync with Android device.
    System 2 = 1 Way sync (Android to Outlook? Or Outlook to Android)

    Both systems using USBMass Storage the same build of CompanionLink.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    SO correct me if I am wrong here -
    System 1 = 2 way sync with Android device.
    System 2 = 1 Way sync (Android to Outlook? Or Outlook to Android)
    System 1 = 2 way sync Outlook with Android device.
    System 2 = 1 Way sync Android device to Outlook.

    But let's forget about the System 2 sync for the moment. The problem described here arises on a normal 1 System sync. I'd say lets get the basics right first before adding System 2 in.
    While debugging the System 2 sync I found that the problem indeed is the basic System 1 sync, so I currently stopped syncing System 2 until the basics are working as supposed. I'd change the thread title, but I can't .. or don't know why
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •