Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One-way syncing to a second PC still buggy

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    System 1 = 2 way sync Outlook with Android device.
    System 2 = 1 Way sync Android device to Outlook.

But let's forget about the System 2 sync for the moment. The problem described here arises on a normal 1 System sync. I'd say lets get the basics right first before adding System 2 in.
    While debugging the System 2 sync I found that the problem indeed is the basic System 1 sync, so I currently stopped syncing System 2 until the basics are working as supposed. I'd change the thread title, but I can't .. or don't know why
    OK GOt it.

If this were me I would:

1. Run a scanpst.exe on my Outlook Data. - http://www.companionlink.com/support...T_instructions
    2. Visually check the Records in Outlook to verify they are in tact correctly.
    3. Backup Outlook PST file after running SCANPST.exe and checking the data.
    4. Open CompanionLink setup and turn on Logging for 5 days. "CTRL"+"SHIFT"+"U"
    5. Click options in the Setup app and Select Wipa all records on Android Device before Sync.
    6. Sync your Phone.
    7. Check the DejaOffice data for integrity for the next few days every time you Sync.
    8. Submit log file asap if you know there is a problem that the log file captured with a summary of the ames of the affected records.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    OK GOt it.
    1. Run a scanpst.exe on my Outlook Data. - http://www.companionlink.com/support...T_instructions
    2. Visually check the Records in Outlook to verify they are in tact correctly.
    3. Backup Outlook PST file after running SCANPST.exe and checking the data.
    4. Open CompanionLink setup and turn on Logging for 5 days. "CTRL"+"SHIFT"+"U"
    5. Click options in the Setup app and Select Wipa all records on Android Device before Sync.
    6. Sync your Phone.
    7. Check the DejaOffice data for integrity for the next few days every time you Sync.
    8. Submit log file asap if you know there is a problem that the log file captured with a summary of the ames of the affected records.
    I did that many times, to no avail. I'll not be back at the office until tomorrow and I'll try once more.

1. Run scanost many times (ost ist the pst version when running with an Exchange Server)
    2. Did many times. Last time yesterday before 5.
    3. .. even recreated a new ost many times ...
    4. Had logging turned on and sent to you month's ago
    5. Did multiple times ... just yesterday, twice
    6. ..
    7. After the first sync - even with wiping all the data - , it's already faulty! It never gets to the device correct!
    8. I'll do that again too.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

I just did it all again, even run scanost and scanpst (which works for both, ost and pst).
    I can't help it, the bug shows itself perfectly.

Opening a contact that has an entry in the bday field and a linked recurring event, CL shows:
    Birthday: 10.03.1963 (which is correct)
    Linked Records: bday von xy 10.03.2007 13.00 (which perfectly shows the bug)

btw: where does it take 13.00 from? It is set nowhere in OL. In OL it shows:
    Begin: So 10.03.1963 00:00
    End: Mo 11.03.1963 00:00
    No reminder set, annually repeating event

Which files do you want me to send to you?
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    I just did it all again, even run scanost and scanpst (which works for both, ost and pst).
    I can't help it, the bug shows itself perfectly.

Opening a contact that has an entry in the bday field and a linked recurring event, CL shows:
    Birthday: 10.03.1963 (which is correct)
    Linked Records: bday von xy 10.03.2007 13.00 (which perfectly shows the bug)

btw: where does it take 13.00 from? It is set nowhere in OL. In OL it shows:
    Begin: So 10.03.1963 00:00
    End: Mo 11.03.1963 00:00
    No reminder set, annually repeating event

Which files do you want me to send to you?
    Log from DejaOffice and from CompanionLink if you have both.

Sent you an email.

McLion -

The issue you're seeing happens because of a change to Daylight Savings Time in 2007. The issue should only affect recurring events within a 3-6 month period in March - which correlates with the date you specify.

Please upgrade to the latest version of CompanionLink, here: www.companionlink.com/inhouse

Is the issue still reproducible?

Great! Thanks!
    This seems to have fixed the year issue. I'll do further testing and let you know the outcome.