Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.2.0 beta - DO contact app - how to use it?

2.2.0 beta - DO contact app - how to use it?

Hallo,

can anybody explain, how to use the new contact app?

-Added new "DejaOffice" Android contacts account, records are read only in Android but are linked to the DJO where you can edit them (Android OS 2.0 req)

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

How do you install the beta using the zip file?

There's no zip. Download the apk application file and run it on your Android, that's it.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    Hallo,

can anybody explain, how to use the new contact app?

-Added new "DejaOffice" Android contacts account, records are read only in Android but are linked to the DJO where you can edit them (Android OS 2.0 req)

Michael
    Michael,

This is designed for a number of reasons.
    1. Many of our customers do not want to sync with a Gmail account and risk their private data getting back to the cloud.
    2. Sometimes Duplicates can occur when syncing with an Android account.
    3. We designed 2.2.x to Sync Contacts one Way, from DejaOffice to our own "DejaOffice Account". So this is designed to keep all the edits on the device made in DejaOffice, then for them to push to the Android Contacts application. So the UI now directs the user to edit in DejaOffice.

Users can still use the other accounts if they choose. Consider this:
    Proprietry accounts like "People" or "Phone" can often be changed by updates from Google, the wireless carrier, or the device manufacturer.
    Many people prefer not to use a gmail account.

This design was made to resolve a number of issues that varied across the Android Market. Making our own Account puts us in a much better position to provide a much more consistent experience for our customers.

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    There's no zip. Download the apk application file and run it on your Android, that's it.
    Interesting.

If I use Opera Mini, I get a ZIP file. If I use the built in browser, I get the APK!

After installing DJO 2.2, I have a refresh notificaiton in the notification bar of my phone all the time. Is there a connection because of the syncing?

Alan

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    CL 5.0 5030
    DJO 2.2.0 (285)
    Direct USB sync
    DJO sync settings: No sync with Android Contacts App, No sync with Android Calendar App
    Droid Bionic 5.9.902
    Android Version 2.3.4
    PC Win 7 32 bit
    Outlook 2010

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan@work View Post
    After installing DJO 2.2, I have a refresh notificaiton in the notification bar of my phone all the time. Is there a connection because of the syncing?

Alan

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    CL 5.0 5030
    DJO 2.2.0 (285)
    Direct USB sync
    DJO sync settings: No sync with Android Contacts App, No sync with Android Calendar App
    Droid Bionic 5.9.902
    Android Version 2.3.4
    PC Win 7 32 bit
    Outlook 2010
    Alan,

Can you please specify the refresh notification? What is the exact text that displays? Is there a way to dismiss it? If yes, how rapidly does it display after dismissing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    3. We designed 2.2.x to Sync Contacts one Way, from DejaOffice to our own "DejaOffice Account". So this is designed to keep all the edits on the device made in DejaOffice, then for them to push to the Android Contacts application. So the UI now directs the user to edit in DejaOffice.
    And how do I setup this account to be used by the phone app? And will the data of this account be used by my car hands free system?

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    And how do I setup this account to be used by the phone app? And will the data of this account be used by my car hands free system?

Michael
    Michael,

1. Open DejaOffice and Tap Settings>Sync Settings
    2. The Contact Account Setting should be set to DejaOffice.
    This setting will cause DejaOffice to Sync all DejaContacts one way form DejaOffice into the Android Contacts application again.
    You may experience seeing another set of Contacts displayed in Android Contacts.
    I will research your question about the Car Bluetooth. Valid inquiry. It Since it is a "Read Only" Account that may affect the Bluetooth Sync process.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for getting back to me.

No, I can't dismiss the icon. It is in the notification bar at the top of the screen, right next to the 3G/4G symbol. It looks a little different than the Android refresh icon that I have seen before when booting up, etc., and the boot up refresh icon is at the left side of the screen.

There is no text, just the refresh icon. Looks like this:
    Refresh icon.jpg

CL 5.0 5030
    DJO 2.2.0 (285)
    Direct USB sync
    Droid Bionic 5.9.902
    Android Version 2.3.4
    PC Win 7 32 bit
    Outlook 2010
    Last edited by Alan@work; 05-17-2012 at 04:15 PM.