Closed Thread

Thread: Incoming calls are taking names from people app and not deja contact

Incoming calls are taking names from people app and not deja contact

In my nexus incoming calls are getting names from the default people app and not Deja Contact.
    How do I get incoming calls to resolve from Deja Contacts instead.
    Anybody know?

Incoming calls will always use the native android contacts app for resolving.
    The trick is to have DJO in sync with the native contact app. This can be done automatically by activating the respective function in the DJO settings.
    Before activating it make sure that the native account you are using does NOT sync to a Google contact account. It must only sync with DJO. You can use the DejaOffice account and you're OK. Also please keep in mind that activating it will merge all the contacts. You can kick a manual sync be hitting "Read Android data" in the DJO HomeScreen which actually does a two-way sync.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Incoming calls will always use the native android contacts app for resolving. <snip>
    Thank you, I didn't know this either. I think (hope) I just followed your steps to synch Deja Office contacts with my Samsung Android.

I just made sure the native contacts wasn't synching with anything and away I went. I just hope I haven't screwed up my pc synch between Outlook 2010 and Deja Office. Outlook is my primary source for calendar and contacts and I've been chugging along just fine ever since I learned how to do the pc-Android synch.
    Big Al

Samsung SCH-R915
    DejaOffice 2.4.1 (436)
    CompanionLink 5.0 (5052)
    Data Manager App Outlook 2010
    Sync Method Direct USB Mass Storage

@bigaldoc
    After changing such major configurations - either in CL or DJO - I found that it's always a good idea to do a "Wipe all Records .." sync to get a completely fresh data set from Outlook to the Device. Of course, after making perfectly sure the data in OL is the most up to date.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Not 15 minutes after making these changes, my phone rang and it was so nice to see the name of the contact who was calling!

I have two threads working here, this one and another on showing contact addresses on the Android, which I've also gotten successfully done with CL field mapping. So...

I don't know which effort caused it, but the two CL-DJO synchs I've done this morning, CL seems to be reading ALL my calendar and contact entries and I haven't asked it to wipe everything clean. No big deal and I'll just see what happens when I quit messing around. It has been a productive CL-DJO morning for me and I say THANKS again.
    Big Al

Samsung SCH-R915
    DejaOffice 2.4.1 (436)
    CompanionLink 5.0 (5052)

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    ... You can kick a manual sync be hitting "Read Android data" in the DJO HomeScreen ...
    I just thought I'd report that I'm leaving the "Synch with Android contacts" un-checked and doing it manually for awhile, just until I get my confidence (nerve!) up.

My CL-DJO synchs are back to their lightning fast speed after settling down on field mappings, discussed in this thread:

Getting Addresses Correctly

So, all told, I've gained a heck of lot from these two threads and my thanks to everyone involved !!!
    Big Al

Samsung SCH-R915
    DejaOffice 2.4.1 (436)
    CompanionLink 5.0 (5052)

Closed Thread