Thread: Alarm for no-time calendar events

Alarm for no-time calendar events

Alarms for no-time calendar events are keep going off with same logic that timed events have.

Ok, but they should make no noise.

My preference is "alarm 30' before event".

I already wrote about this issue and DJO staff did something:

For a while, no-time calendar events went off at 11.30am. They were treated as being midday events.

Did DJO staff do it to solve the problem or was it a bug anyway?

I don't know, but it was anyway too late to organize my working day.

Now they are back on going off at 11.30pm. Now they behave as being midnight events. Too early to be woken up in the middle of the night for a reminder of something to be done tomorrow.

If I wanted to wake up at 11.30pm I would set up an event at 12.00am

So, I suggest it again:

1) No-time calendar events should be silent. (as it was in Palm) At least they should have an option to be silent.
    Going off with no noise in the night would not be a problem and the alarm screen would be a good reminder, being the first thing one see on the phone in the morning.

Goodnight, I'll go back to sleep...
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStick View Post
    Alarms for no-time calendar events are keep going off with same logic that timed events have.

Ok, but they should make no noise.

My preference is "alarm 30' before event".

I already wrote about this issue and DJO staff did something:

For a while, no-time calendar events went off at 11.30am. They were treated as being midday events.

Did DJO staff do it to solve the problem or was it a bug anyway?

I don't know, but it was anyway too late to organize my working day.

Now they are back on going off at 11.30pm. Now they behave as being midnight events. Too early to be woken up in the middle of the night for a reminder of something to be done tomorrow.

If I wanted to wake up at 11.30pm I would set up an event at 12.00am

So, I suggest it again:

1) No-time calendar events should be silent. (as it was in Palm) At least they should have an option to be silent.
    Going off with no noise in the night would not be a problem and the alarm screen would be a good reminder, being the first thing one see on the phone in the morning.

Goodnight, I'll go back to sleep...
    Nickstick,

We have made a number of alarm fixes to DejaOffice 2.2.1beta.
    Your signature says you are using the general release of DejaOffice (v1.1.9)

I think your issue may be fixed in the beta if you want to try that. Let me know if you already have 2.2.1beta installed and didn't update your signature.

Generally speaking, one of my first need is reliability, and being DJO a work tool to me, I don't feel so comfortable with beta versions (same as with my other work tools).

In this case, yes, I confirm I'm on 2.1.9 as per my signature.

Will 2.2.1 become a general release?
    When the next general release will be available? (If you can tell)
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

Generally speaking, one of my first need is reliability, and being DJO a work tool to me, I don't feel so comfortable with beta versions (same as with my other work tools).

I understand your caution and won't try to talk you out of you comfort zone. However I will tell you that when I used DJO, I always moved to betas immediately and never had a reliability problem. DJO betas are more like stable releases with patches than they are true betas (they clearly mark experimental releases, like when they first brought the alternate USB method for testing). In fact you are just as likely to see problems with full releases as betas because most of DJOs problems crop up because of a phone model/CRM combination that they hadn't been able to test.

Just my 2 cents, but do what you are comfortable with.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

DejaOffice Team Member

Nickstick,

I can't guarantee 2.1.1 will be the next general release, but the fixes we are discussing will very likely be in the next general release.
    Of course you can always wait.
    But the issue(s) you present are being addressed.

Ok, thanks.

You wrote about a number of alarm fixes.

I also noticed sometimes, alarms refrain to go off until I sync. At sync moment all past alarms go off at once.

Are you aware about fixing this one too?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Ok, thanks.

You wrote about a number of alarm fixes.

I also noticed sometimes, alarms refrain to go off until I sync. At sync moment all past alarms go off at once.

Are you aware about fixing this one too?
    Yes. this was addresses in 2.2.1beta.

Ok, you all convinced me , I'll give 2.2.1b a try.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Ok, you all convinced me , I'll give 2.2.1b a try.
    Let us know if you have any problems with alarms.
    Some of these issues are unique to specific devices.

I had no time to go with 2.2.1b, so time passed by and 2.2.10 arrived...

...but no "Disable ringing for all day events alarm" flag, so they still ring at 11.30 pm...

All the rest is nice & smooth. You all are doing a very good job!