Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Act! - Clearing (not erasing) Meetings, tasks, etc

Act! - Clearing (not erasing) Meetings, tasks, etc

Is there any way to "clear" an activity, because when I delete in DejaOffice ipad, nothing happens in Act post sync?

Also - will multiday banners be supported in Dejaoffice Calendar?
    Last edited by eliotw; 04-18-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Elliot W, Welcome to our forums!

The method to "clear" in CompanionLink has always been different than ACT! Sync.

For CompanionLink, put a slash character "/" in the subject of the Activity. This was chosen because it most resembles a check mark. Just put a slash in the first character. On the next sync, the Activity will be cleared in ACT!, moved to History, and will appear in Contact History for the Contact. The cleared date/time will be the sync time.

For CompanionLink, a delete is just a delete. To Clear, use a "/".

DejaOffice is a new era for us. We are working toward making operations like clearing be a checkbox, just like in ACT! Also I'd like the cleared date/time recorded, so it can be part of ACT! reporting. On the roadmap is automated followups, so you can easily schedule followup meetings, calls and to do items while clearing the current one. I've got a whole crew working full time on this so look for updates every few weeks that add more and more ACT! and CRM features to both iPhone and Android platforms.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.

Ok, I am new to this forum, I have had ACT for 15years, I stopped upgrading at 6.0 because I felt that it was becoming more like outlook & less powerful like ACT. I have use the companion Link for about 6 years now I think. I recently got a new machine win7 Pro & I have an iphone & an iPad. It seems that there isn't a direct sync to them from act. IS that true? It seems as if I have to sync act to outlook then outlook to dejaoffice. It would be really great if you could figure out a way to also sync to the regular calendar & contacts of the devices. I realize that the standard apps are more limited than deja office but since they are all separate...

Where can I find out how to make it easier to sync Act to my iphone & ipad? So far I have the app, but haven't yet synced because of these issues making me concerned that I will get out of sync eventually because of too many steps.

Also can Dejaoffice be used without using a wireless pay to sync option? Can I just sync via wifi or USB cable to the device?

CompanionLink Express will sync to iPhone and iPad using Wi-Fi. This is a new feature that was just added last month.

Thanks. I will check that out.

Well I tried that, but it really didn't seem to work. It asked for an IP, I gave it the IF shown on the ipad wifi connection. Nothing happened.
    So where do I go from here?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Starbuck. Did you try to start the sync from the PC? DejaOffice needs to be open on your iPad, but the sync is started from CompanionLink on your PC.

Hi Starbuck,

Here are the full instructions for syncing via Wi-Fi (its down at the bottom of this page) - http://www.companionlink.com/product...pple-wifi.html

I hope this clarifies things. Let us know if you're still having trouble!

"The method to "clear" in CompanionLink has always been different than ACT! Sync.

For CompanionLink, put a slash character "/" in the subject of the Activity. This was chosen because it most resembles a check mark. Just put a slash in the first character. On the next sync, the Activity will be cleared in ACT!, moved to History, and will appear in Contact History for the Contact. The cleared date/time will be the sync time. "

I am syncing Act2007 with a Moto Droid via Companionlink Express. I insert a " / " as the first character on an event in DejaOffice calendar, I make sure to save the change. However, the item does not clear in Act -- and when I go back to DejaOffice the event does not show the inserted " / ".

Please advise . . .