Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted calendar items on DJO still present in Outlook (randomly)

Deleted calendar items on DJO still present in Outlook (randomly)

Hello
    I'm using CL 5.0 built 5032, DJO 2.2.2 (307), syncing between a windows 7 PC with Outlook 2010 and a Samsung Galaxy Note with Android 2.3.6.
    I use the "Dejaconnect USB method", syncing "both ways". I have checked "records deleted in both Android and outlook wil be synchronised" and "last changes are kept".
    Please be aware that, following some recommandations here, I have UNchecked "optimize update sync" (by the way : what is this option doing ?).
    My problem is that when I delete a calendar item in DJO, it is not always deleted in outlook. It seems to be random : some of the items are duly deleted. Others are not.
    This is annoying because I have to check everything manually, which takes time. In other words, I cannot trust DJO.
    In order to overcome that, I have to perform a "reread Android data" sync, which is annoying too, because it is much longer. (Also : I'm not sure that this is compatible with the "both ways" method, which I stick to).
    I did'nt experiment this problem before, with CL 4.0 and "USB mass storage" connecting method.
    I would be glad to have your advice.
    Thanks

Hello
    After multiple tests, i do confirm that Dejaconnect appears to be unreliable for me.
    Calendar items deletions are transferred very occasionally, and are totally unpredictable.
    Using "reread android data, or outlook data, or both" generally does'nt any good.
    Furthermore, when I delete a calendar item in outlook, not only is it still there in Android after a first sync, but it stands back again in outlook after a second sync !!! And vice-versa.
    So I was forced to go back to the USB mass storage sytem, which, after tests, confirms that it works well (including calendar deletions...)
    Sadly enough because dejaconnect seemed very smooth and fast.
    I'm longing for reliable versions of DJO/CL.
    Any ideas ?

Hello
    Any sugestions ?
    At least : has anybody had a positive experience with the same configuration as mine ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlc View Post
    Hello
    Any sugestions ?
    At least : has anybody had a positive experience with the same configuration as mine ?
    Thanks
    I had a similar experience and just stuck with USB mass storage system. I also liked the speed and ease of dejaconnect. I'll probably try it again later, but consistency is way too important for me to play around with something that isn't working right for me.

Alan
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    CL 8016
    DJO 4.4.7 (1069)
    Local Wi-Fi sync
    DJO sync settings: Sync with Android Contacts App, No sync with Android Calendar App
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Android Version 8.0.0
    PC Win 10 64 bit
    Outlook 2016

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hello
    I'm using CL 5.0 built 5032, DJO 2.2.2 (307), syncing between a windows 7 PC with Outlook 2010 and a Samsung Galaxy Note with Android 2.3.6.
    I use the "Dejaconnect USB method", syncing "both ways". I have checked "records deleted in both Android and outlook wil be synchronised" and "last changes are kept".
    Please be aware that, following some recommandations here, I have UNchecked "optimize update sync" (by the way : what is this option doing ?).
    My problem is that when I delete a calendar item in DJO, it is not always deleted in outlook. It seems to be random : some of the items are duly deleted. Others are not.
    This is annoying because I have to check everything manually, which takes time. In other words, I cannot trust DJO.
    In order to overcome that, I have to perform a "reread Android data" sync, which is annoying too, because it is much longer. (Also : I'm not sure that this is compatible with the "both ways" method, which I stick to).
    I did'nt experiment this problem before, with CL 4.0 and "USB mass storage" connecting method.
    I would be glad to have your advice.
    Thanks
    JLC

Thanks for posting.
    Optimized update sync allows CompanionLink to only parse files in Outlook that have been edited since the last Sync instead of parsing the entire Outlook database. FOr some users this is optimal, for others it is not.

Deleted items in DejaOffice should be deleted in Outlook. However, one caveat here. Latest changes are kept may be causing some interference here. If the record in Outlook has been after the record in DejaOffice was deleted... Then the latest change is the Outlook edit. Not sure if this applies in this situation.

Thanks Alan
    I can see that I'm not alone...
    You are right : let's wait a little before we try Dejaconnect again.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thanks Alan
    I can see that I'm not alone...
    You are right : let's wait a little before we try Dejaconnect again.
    We are very interested in getting all Sync issues with DejaConnect resolved.
    If you need assistance - Send a ticket in to the support dept. Include a lin to this thread and we will contact you to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Thanks.

OK
    I just did it.
    Thanks
    JLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    We are very interested in getting all Sync issues with DejaConnect resolved.
    If you need assistance - Send a ticket in to the support dept. Include a lin to this thread and we will contact you to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Thanks.

OK
    I just did it.
    Thanks
    JLC
    I have tried the new DJO 223 beta. It doesn't change anything. I still have the same problem : calendar items deleted in Android, but not in Outlook...

I agree too : a real nightmare. I have deleted a bunch of appointments in Android and nothing happen in Outlook even with the "Optimized update sync" unticked.
    Even with many tests to try after.
    That's mainly because I'm forced to use DejaConnect USB since my ICS 4.0 update (USB mass storage not supported).
    With USB mass storage, it was OK.
    The DejaConnect USB has a defect that disallow then deletion.
    Regards.