Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted calendar items on DJO still present in Outlook (randomly)

Is DejaOffice v2.3.0 (352) adds the deletion process ?

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5044 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

If you mean deleting contacts and/or events from native android db, then yes ... or what are you looking for?
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

I do not mean deleting from DJO to Android native DB, but the sync between DJO and Outlook with CLP for the deletions.
    Currently, when I delete an appointment in Outlook, the deletion is not synced to DJO by CLP, and the DJO item can reappear inside Outlook (always with a full sync !).
    This is really boring...
    Regards.

OK. This works on my setup. Must be a bug then, that appears with your device/configuration.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

We have rather different settings :
    XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5044 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

This problem is happening with the ACT Database as well

I sync between ACT2011 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a ASUS Infinity 700 Tablet. I delete/mark completed items on the ACT Calendar and these items stay present on both DJO Calendars. It doesn't resync and put the calendar items back on ACT it just doesn't remove them from the DJO Calendar

I know that many people have this issue ; the difference with McLion is at least using DejaConnect USB instead of Direct USB sync. Direct USB sync was working better before when I was using it ! But, now, I'm using a very common device, the Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3, and I must use DejaConnect USB or WiFi. The deletion is missing for Win 7 as well as for Win XP ! Regards.

I too have been seeing this issue. That is, selected items not syncing properly between Outlook and DJO.

Mostly I make changes to my Outlook calendar and these are correctly propagated to DJO. However, I find that the sync misbehaves whenever an item is either created or edited in DJO. For example, if I create a calendar item in DJO, it appears in Outlook after the next sync. But if I then edit the item in Outlook (which I commonly do to add or amend details), the edits in Outlook do not pass back to DJO. Repeated syncs maintain a discrepancy between the two databases. The same seems to apply if I edit an Outlook created item within DJO.

When this occurred yesterday, I had to change the conflict handling from "Latest changes are kept" to "Outlook changes are kept". Only then did DJO reach agreement with Outlook. I then switch conflict handling back to the way it was.

Others have found that forcing a re-read of Outlook or Android data also corrects the situation. This seems to be true, but greatly slows down the synchonisation process.

I agree with other posters that this fundamental unreliability is of great concern. I urge the developers to address this as a priority.

regards, Bill
    --------
    XP SP3 / Outlook 2007 / DJO 2.3.1 (352) + CLP 5.0.5048 / HTC One XL + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 300 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billaus View Post
    I too have been seeing this issue. That is, selected items not syncing properly between Outlook and DJO.

Mostly I make changes to my Outlook calendar and these are correctly propagated to DJO. However, I find that the sync misbehaves whenever an item is either created or edited in DJO. For example, if I create a calendar item in DJO, it appears in Outlook after the next sync. But if I then edit the item in Outlook (which I commonly do to add or amend details), the edits in Outlook do not pass back to DJO. Repeated syncs maintain a discrepancy between the two databases. The same seems to apply if I edit an Outlook created item within DJO.

When this occurred yesterday, I had to change the conflict handling from "Latest changes are kept" to "Outlook changes are kept". Only then did DJO reach agreement with Outlook. I then switch conflict handling back to the way it was.

Others have found that forcing a re-read of Outlook or Android data also corrects the situation. This seems to be true, but greatly slows down the synchonisation process.

I agree with other posters that this fundamental unreliability is of great concern. I urge the developers to address this as a priority.

regards, Bill
    Everyone,

Thanks for the update and the reporting.

Billaus - Question for you. Have you noticed a difference in behavior when using Auto Sync and Manually executing a sync in CompanionLink?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vstanec3 View Post
    I sync between ACT2011 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a ASUS Infinity 700 Tablet. I delete/mark completed items on the ACT Calendar and these items stay present on both DJO Calendars. It doesn't resync and put the calendar items back on ACT it just doesn't remove them from the DJO Calendar
    vstanec3,

From the CTO:

ACT! is completely different in the way it works with deleted/completed records. For ACT!, please check if the items are recurring events.

For ACT! recurring events, Deleting the vent will NOT update to the handheld. It is an internal problem in the ACT! database and we have reported the issue to Sage.

For ACT! recurring events, Completing the event WILL update to the handheld.

So it is best to complete them, not to delete them. Please see if this matches the behavior you see.

Thanks.