Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Deleted calendar items on DJO still present in Outlook (randomly)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laurentdjo View Post
    I know that many people have this issue ; the difference with McLion is at least using DejaConnect USB instead of Direct USB sync. Direct USB sync was working better before when I was using it ! But, now, I'm using a very common device, the Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3, and I must use DejaConnect USB or WiFi. The deletion is missing for Win 7 as well as for Win XP ! Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5044 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync
    laurent,

Have you noticed any variances based on the Sync method being used? I assume by your signature that WiFi is used with one PC and DejaCOnnect USB used on another PC. Is this correct?

Deletion issue fixed in version 2.3.1 of DejaOffice

Quote Originally Posted by laurentdjo View Post
    I know that many people have this issue ; the difference with McLion is at least using DejaConnect USB instead of Direct USB sync. Direct USB sync was working better before when I was using it ! But, now, I'm using a very common device, the Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3, and I must use DejaConnect USB or WiFi. The deletion is missing for Win 7 as well as for Win XP ! Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5044 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync
    laurentdjo & others -

The most recent beta version of DejaOffice addresses an issue where deletions could sync back to the device - this occurred when the synchronization with the Android calendar was on. Even if you do not sync with the Android calendar, please upgrade to this version and let me know if the problem with deletions syncing persists.

-Belinda

Quote Originally Posted by billaus View Post
    I too have been seeing this issue. That is, selected items not syncing properly between Outlook and DJO.

Mostly I make changes to my Outlook calendar and these are correctly propagated to DJO. However, I find that the sync misbehaves whenever an item is either created or edited in DJO. For example, if I create a calendar item in DJO, it appears in Outlook after the next sync. But if I then edit the item in Outlook (which I commonly do to add or amend details), the edits in Outlook do not pass back to DJO. Repeated syncs maintain a discrepancy between the two databases. The same seems to apply if I edit an Outlook created item within DJO.

When this occurred yesterday, I had to change the conflict handling from "Latest changes are kept" to "Outlook changes are kept". Only then did DJO reach agreement with Outlook. I then switch conflict handling back to the way it was.

Others have found that forcing a re-read of Outlook or Android data also corrects the situation. This seems to be true, but greatly slows down the synchonisation process.

I agree with other posters that this fundamental unreliability is of great concern. I urge the developers to address this as a priority.

regards, Bill
    Bill -

Please update to the latest build of CompanionLink, which addresses several of these issues:

www.companionlink.com/updates

And, update to version 2.3.1 of DejaOffice here:

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

If you continue to see issues with edits or new records not synchronizing correctly, please let me know via a private message. We'll be sure to get to the bottom of the issue.

-Belinda

Belinda,

because of the still existing alarm bug in 2.3.x (see http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...-3-0-%28352%29) an update is not useful for me.

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    laurent,
    Have you noticed any variances based on the Sync method being used? I assume by your signature that WiFi is used with one PC and DejaCOnnect USB used on another PC. Is this correct?
    I use DejaConnect USB on each PC ; exactly the same method on both my PCs...

I'm also waiting for a stable version before going further.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Billaus - Question for you. Have you noticed a difference in behavior when using Auto Sync and Manually executing a sync in CompanionLink?
    Thomas, no I never use Auto Sync mode. I rather control sync operations. Curious though that the sync mode might make a difference!

[I will make a separate report back regarding Belinda's recommendations.]
    --------
    XP SP3 / Outlook 2007 / DJO 2.3.1 (352) + CLP 5.0.5048 / HTC One XL + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 300 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

Belinda, thanks for your response. I updated to CompanionLink build 5048 first, and this seems to resolve the issue where Android DJO created/edited calendar records don't subsequently sync reliably. This is good! I carried out a series of edits both in DJO and Outlook, and the records remained consistent on both.

I notice that this CL build changes the conflict handling options in the Advanced Settings, and that the default is now simply "Records deleted in both Android and Outlook will be synchronised". the initial sync after the update took a while to go through contacts in bunches of 50 (as if forced Re-read Outlook data was asserted), but the end result was OK.

A little later I updated DJO to the 2.3.1 Beta (although I am wary of installing pre-release software!). I see the new features and like being able to access Contact search one-step easier, and can't see any problems thusfar.

regards, Bill
    --------
    XP SP3 / Outlook 2007 / DJO 2.3.1 (352) + CLP 5.0.5048 / HTC One XL + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 300 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

Quote Originally Posted by billaus View Post
    ... (as if forced Re-read Outlook data was asserted) ...
    Re-read Outlook is always automatically set after a Companionlink upgrade.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Re-read Outlook is always automatically set after a Companionlink upgrade.
    Fair enough. Thanks for pointing that out.

regards, Bill
    --------

I hope a more stable version of DJO 2.3.1 before going farther: McLion has too much troubles (http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...1789#post11789)... Regards.