Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Deleted calendar items on DJO still present in Outlook (randomly)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laurentdjo View Post
    I hope a more stable version of DJO 2.3.1 before going farther: McLion has too much troubles (http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...1789#post11789)... Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5044 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync
    Laurent,

We will continue to work on 2.3.1 as new issues arise.
    2.3.1 is still in Beta. That is our working version and not a general release. So users should expect some unexpected behavior when downloading it.

I understand... Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    So users should expect some unexpected behavior when downloading it.
    I'm sure most of us do ... and we are reporting issues ... and we are looking for a reaction on repeatedly reported issues.
    Generally, I'm absolutely positive that we all very much like the product, otherwise we would not take the time to participate here and try to help to improve it.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Absolutely right !

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    and we are looking for a reaction on repeatedly reported issues.
    ACK!

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    I'm sure most of us do ... and we are reporting issues ... and we are looking for a reaction on repeatedly reported issues.
    Generally, I'm absolutely positive that we all very much like the product, otherwise we would not take the time to participate here and try to help to improve it.
    You guys are awesome!

All of this information is relevant and appreciated. As many of you are aware, you can Private Message me if there is a particularly thorny issue that is giving you grief.

Thomas

I hope a more stable version of DJO 2.3.1 before going farther: McLion has too much troubles (http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...1789#post11789)... Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5044 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync
    Laurent -

The issue McLion is referring to is specific to the Direct USB sync method. We're working on getting that fixed - but because you use a different sync method, the problems are not the same.

Is there something else about version 2.3.1 that isn't stable? If so, please reply to me directly.

Quote Originally Posted by billaus View Post
    Belinda, thanks for your response. I updated to CompanionLink build 5048 first, and this seems to resolve the issue where Android DJO created/edited calendar records don't subsequently sync reliably. This is good! I carried out a series of edits both in DJO and Outlook, and the records remained consistent on both.

I notice that this CL build changes the conflict handling options in the Advanced Settings, and that the default is now simply "Records deleted in both Android and Outlook will be synchronised". the initial sync after the update took a while to go through contacts in bunches of 50 (as if forced Re-read Outlook data was asserted), but the end result was OK.

A little later I updated DJO to the 2.3.1 Beta (although I am wary of installing pre-release software!). I see the new features and like being able to access Contact search one-step easier, and can't see any problems thusfar.

regards, Bill
    Bill - Thanks for the confirmation on calendar event reliability. Please keep us posted if you observe issues going forward.

Belinda, Thomas,

Understood for the private messages, but the forum is just the way to share the discoverings with other users like McLion ou MG111.
    With private messages, it's impossible to have discussions around several subjects.
    I understand that important debugging exchanges shall be preferably private not to encumber the forum excessively...
    This is not bad for the product that we discusses around bugs: this only show our interest to have a perfect solution at the end: this is the game rule to have such a forum. And, transparency gives confidence to potential future users. It was the case to me.

Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5048 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Belinda, Thomas,

Understood for the private messages, but the forum is just the way to share the discoverings with other users like McLion ou MG111.
    With private messages, it's impossible to have discussions around several subjects.
    I understand that important debugging exchanges shall be preferably private not to encumber the forum excessively...
    This is not bad for the product that we discusses around bugs: this only show our interest to have a perfect solution at the end: this is the game rule to have such a forum. And, transparency gives confidence to potential future users. It was the case to me.

Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5048 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync
    Laurent,

The DejaOffice forums are a public, and was designed for users worldwide to share ideas, innovations, questions, and issues, about DejaOffice. The staff here at CompanionLink participates in order to assist and . Some issues are rare in their occurring, and may require unique steps to resolve the problem(s). In these cases it may not be helpful for other to review the troubleshooting steps, or fixes, as it could be cause for users to attempt fixes that do not apply to their circumstances and may be more harmful than helpful to them.

At times we will make judgement calls about this. We wish to provide as much transparency as possible as possible.