Thread: Bullet Proof Droid Phone Recommendations Requested

Bullet Proof Droid Phone Recommendations Requested

Hello, I found out the hard way that the LG Lucid is unable to sync via the usb method.
    I returned my new phone to verizon and would like to get a droid phone that is bullet proof via the usb sync.
    I have a windows 7 based pc and the latest version of ACT.
    What phone(s) should I consider buying.

I would recommend the RAZR Maxx. I have had it since May. I finally gave up my BBerry STORM which I had kept because of its ability to flawlessly sync with my PC's Outlook 2010. But the RAZR Maxx does the same job thanks to DJO and ConpanionLink. And the other day when the device was upgraded to Android 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich"), I only needed to do a little tweaking of the setups in both DJO and CompanionLink to maintain that flawless sync-ability. Incidentially, that tweaking was accomplished with the outstanding support of Thomas, with whom I spoke the day after the upgrade. He walked me through the change in the USB connection (from Mass Media to DirectUSB), cautioned me about making sure the USB connection was set to Media and debugging was ennabled.

In addition, the support links are fantastic with sub-links to specific areas of concern. If one takes the time to go through them and follow each of the steps, the sync process should be a breeze lasting no more than 2-3 minutes. I would add one thing about the USB cable. It seems the connection is very sensitive and I had been using the old BBerry cable. I got the error message that the device was offline. The support link suggested using a different cable. I switched to the Motorola cable that came with the RAZR and that fixed that problem. So it seems that all USB cables are not alike --even if they are marked "B" micro.

I hope this helps you make a decision.
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 9 (Pie)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8042) downloaded & installed 8/15/19 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail