+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can No Longer Sync After Updating to latest DJO and CL

Hello Thomas,
    my Device USB Setting are already set to MTP, but unfortunately without success.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lockpicking View Post
    Hello Thomas,
    my Device USB Setting are already set to MTP, but unfortunately without success.
    If you are using the CompanionLink Universal ADB driver, you may want to try installing it again.

Also, make sure the ADB.exe process is not running in the Windows Task manager prior to plugging your device in.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Yesterday evening I tried to sync my tablet by Wifi with the following steps:
    - I deleted all my data in Outlook
    - Configured Companionlink for one-way sync from Android to Outlook, made Android the primary database and keep changes from Android
    - Started the sync
    The sync ended without errors. But as I looked into Outlook, I saw that only a part of my calendar entries have been copied to Outlook. Some of the copied entries have been duplicated.
    And the most strange thing:
    With the above settings I expected that no changes on Android calendar will be done (I tried to copy the current state of my calendar, contacts and tasks to Outlook), but I had the identical state as in Outlook: missing of 80% of my calendar entries and many of the calendar entries have been duplicated.

Did I do something wrong?
    My Android should be the leading data and Outlook should be a copy of the Android data.

What can I do?

Regards
    lockpicking

Very strange. I did that many times to update my second PC.
    Some things to check in CL that just crossed my mind:
    - General Settings: Date Range set (i.e. 360) and all others checked
    - Category Filter: All Categories
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lockpicking View Post
    Yesterday evening I tried to sync my tablet by Wifi with the following steps:
    - I deleted all my data in Outlook
    - Configured Companionlink for one-way sync from Android to Outlook, made Android the primary database and keep changes from Android
    - Started the sync
    The sync ended without errors. But as I looked into Outlook, I saw that only a part of my calendar entries have been copied to Outlook. Some of the copied entries have been duplicated.
    And the most strange thing:
    With the above settings I expected that no changes on Android calendar will be done (I tried to copy the current state of my calendar, contacts and tasks to Outlook), but I had the identical state as in Outlook: missing of 80% of my calendar entries and many of the calendar entries have been duplicated.

Did I do something wrong?
    My Android should be the leading data and Outlook should be a copy of the Android data.

What can I do?

Regards
    lockpicking
    Lockpicking,

Try all the steps above again, and add this to your list of CompanionLink Settings:
    expand the default date range in the advanced settings.

Most importantly -
    Disable Optimized update Sync in the Options menu.
    Select Reread Android Data in the Options menu prior to the sync. To me the last two would be the critical settings to get all your "Phone data" into Outlook.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Hello Thomas,
    I tried like you described.
    Tasks and contacts are now correct, but the problem for calendar entries still exists.
    Only a small part of all calendar entries has been copied to Outlook. Not only new ones, but old ones, too. And many of the entries have been duplicated.
    And the worse: Calendar entries in Android are now again the same as in Outlook (only a small part of the calendar entries and duplicated entries).
    But with the settings I made normally no android data should be changed, but it has been.

Regards
    Thomas

Hallo Thomas,
    I need some help, because the sync of the calender data is not working correctly and I need my data in Outlook.
    Is there another way to get them to Outlook?

Regards
    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread