Thread: DJO has wiped out all my appointments notes content

DJO has wiped out all my appointments notes content

I'm terribly disappointed tonight.
    I have just sync my Android device with my home Outlook and discovered that all the notes inside my appointments in the calendar are empty !?!!!
    That's a disaster.
    Only the titles are visible.
    It happens now I'm using DejaConnect USB and Android ICS 4.
    I want to add that I have many times bugs with the MTP connection that is not so enduring in time.
    I have regrets of the USB Storage Mass method that was solid.
    I do not know the state of my work Outlook : empty or not...
    Just desperate.
    Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.1.9 + CLP 5.0.5032 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 30 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google sync

The other difference until today was that I always use reread Android/Outlook data to keep deleted appointments synced...
    I see that 90 days of appointments has been totally wiped out for the text content : the default CLP sync option.
    Laurent.

Fortunately, the work PC was not wiped out !!!
    I will regenerate all my Android DJO and overwrite CLP at home...
    I imagine that the thing could have happened because I decided to cancel the CLP sync before the end with the button in the tool.
    Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.1.9 + CLP 5.0.5032 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

It crashes a second time !!!
    Now, I understand the issue : it happens if I cancel the sync because it is too slow and I need to quit.
    The "Cancel" button is not bug free.
    I've done it tonight in the middle of the sync, and 50% of my appointments had there content notes/messages emptied : terrible indeed !
    The fact is CLP empty the notes during the sync process for a wrong reason or something like that. Then, it is not reliable and neither if CLP is crashing in the middle of the sync.
    Regards.

Yes, it's sure now : to cancel the sync is one of the reason of wipping data notes content of calendar appointments.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laurentdjo View Post
    Yes, it's sure now : to cancel the sync is one of the reason of wipping data notes content of calendar appointments.
    Laurent,

I need some information clarified so we can track this down:

Post 1 = Data loss is reported.
    Post #4 = It crashes a second time.

Crash = Software closes abruptly and possible data loss
    Data Missing = Software behaved gracefully and data is missing.

Can you please clarify the behavior?

Did the data loss occur on WIndows 7 or XP? What version of Outlook is installed on both systems?

You're right : it was not so clear. And, the fact is, I'm a little bit afraid to cancel again...

Post 1 = Data loss is reported.
    Post #4 = It crashes a second time.
    Crash = Software closes abruptly and possible data loss
    Data Missing = Software behaved gracefully and data is missing.
    Can you please clarify the behavior?
    Did the data loss occur on WIndows 7 or XP? What version of Outlook is installed on both systems?

This was due to a cancelling of operation after CLP was unable to respond in a short time using XP with Office 2010.
    The first time, I have just cancelled and quit work and nothing else ; second time, the cancelling operation was hanging-up, I decide to kill the process.

The strange thing is that the calendar appointments were untouched excepted for the calendar appointments notes content that were emptied...
    Even after a kill, it's not a good behavior : the data shall just not be not removed ; sync shall be altered partially only ; moreover, it was also old unmodified appointments that were emptied.

Regards.

It has happened again to with the appearance of an error "AD device missing connection" or something like that.
    CLP was unable to sync with DJO even if the card files were visible in Windows Explorer. CLP was able to gracefully stop with the error. So, nothing shall had happened...
    I have closed the Windows session and opened it again with re-connection of my mobile. The new CLP sync was done, BUT some of the mobile appointments were emptied of their content and not the their title.
    In Outlook, the content was there, so I have modified all of them to force re-sync of appointments to mobile.
    If, by inadvertence, an alarm rang for an empty appointment or else, the content coul have been also wiped inside Outlook.
    ---> Very bad for me !
    If an error occurs, the appointments shall never been left empty : the old content shall at least been restored.
    Thanks to find a solution for the bug...

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laurentdjo View Post
    It has happened again to with the appearance of an error "AD device missing connection" or something like that.
    CLP was unable to sync with DJO even if the card files were visible in Windows Explorer. CLP was able to gracefully stop with the error. So, nothing shall had happened...
    I have closed the Windows session and opened it again with re-connection of my mobile. The new CLP sync was done, BUT some of the mobile appointments were emptied of their content and not the their title.
    In Outlook, the content was there, so I have modified all of them to force re-sync of appointments to mobile.
    If, by inadvertence, an alarm rang for an empty appointment or else, the content coul have been also wiped inside Outlook.
    ---> Very bad for me !
    If an error occurs, the appointments shall never been left empty : the old content shall at least been restored.
    Thanks to find a solution for the bug...
    Laurent,

There is s known issue with alarms firing that can cause porblems with the sync. I recommend downloading the latest beta version of DejaOffice to prevent this.
    Dejaoffice 2.2.7beta can be found here:
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/

We expect this to be a general release soon. So if you prefer to wait for that I am confident this problem will be resolved.

Thanks Thomas, it seems OK now even if I'm more more more careful with the CLP tool to avoid connection errors... Regards.