+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outlook Calendar sync - for what period of time?

Outlook Calendar sync - for what period of time?

I've read elsewhere that the standard Google sync to Android only syncs events dated 30 days prior to the sync and those dated for 1 year after. Is that the case? Does this also apply to the Outlook sync?

TIA - R.

It's true of the native Android database. Deja Office uses it's own database and you can specify in the Companion Link sync setup how far back you want to go syncing with Outlook. As I don't actually keep multiple years on my device, I don't know if CL has a practical limit on how far back you can go, someone else will have to tell you.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

As far as I know there is no limit how far back you can sync. I sync 37000 days back, i.e. approx 100 years. The only limit is the performance of DejaCalendar which goes down with too much calendar data in the database.

Malte
    DejaOffice 3.1.2 (631) on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Android 4.4.4 German ---
    MS Outlook 2010 German on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ---
    CompanionLink: 6012 - DejaConnectUSB (ADB Mode) ---
    Sync with Android contacts: DejaOffice-Account - No Sync with Android calendar

+ Reply to Thread