Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deja Office for Android - Timeline?

Kvedt, I'm sorry for the confusion.

We've changed the title both yesterday and today. Somehow this has fouled up the search mechanism this morning. Google also had a prominent Calendar outage this morning. We don't know if these events are related, but we suspect some sort of large scale outage with Google. The Calendar outage was fixed within 30 minutes. Google has multiple server farms, so our experience is that fixes can sometimes take 4-8 hours to propagate, if that is the right word.

I'm testing on my phone now.

Try searching for "USB". DejaOffice is #1 on my phone.

"Outlook" DejaOffice comes in #3 on my phone

"Deja" comes in at #2.

It looks to be good. This is 9:30 Pacific Time on May 6, 2010.

We also always host a direct link on this page, for people who can't access the Marketplace for any reason. You can email this link to your phone, then tap on it, browse the page, and tap on the green button. This will install the software without the marketplace:

http://www.companionlink.com/androidapp/

Pete,

I got it as an update to CL USB Sync that I had already downloaded. It appeared in the Market app (comes with the phone - I have the Incredible too). You should be able to find it there. If you can only find CL USB Sync, then use the aTrackDog app to check for updates.

--Russ

Ah ha. Yes, I saw an update a few hours ago and shazam...it's now DejaOffice. One item of confusion - since I purchased CompanionLink Express, does this mean that I do not need to "upgrade" to DejaOffice? This is the same product but a new release with more features?

A question as well: I selected to sync both with your apps and with the calendar and contact apps native to the phone. That worked fine. But it appears that edits made on the phone do not necessarily sync. Is the sync one way? I'm not referring to the choice of sync type in the setup program on my PC, but rather to any edits, adds or deletes I make on the phone. Same question for the calendar - if I edit, add or delete an entry on the Android calendar, will that propagate back to your calendar app and the sync to the PC?

Thanks, and sorry about the granularity of the question, but I'm a recent adopter of this particular technology.

Peter

I have noticed this as well. Particularly with tasks. If I delete them on the android, they often still appear in Outlook after a sync. Add that to the list of fixes please!

Quote Originally Posted by kvedt View Post
    Ah ha. Yes, I saw an update a few hours ago and shazam...it's now DejaOffice. One item of confusion - since I purchased CompanionLink Express, does this mean that I do not need to "upgrade" to DejaOffice? This is the same product but a new release with more features?
    Yes. Both DejaOffice (DJO) and CompanionLink Express (CLX) are evolving rapidly to meet the growth and changes with Android phones. For those who have purchased CLX, the updates are free. Indeed CLX will gain a new look and version number (CompanionLink v4) in the next month. This is a free upgrade for anyone who purchased since January 2009 (17 months ago).

Quote Originally Posted by kvedt View Post
    A question as well: I selected to sync both with your apps and with the calendar and contact apps native to the phone. That worked fine. But it appears that edits made on the phone do not necessarily sync. Is the sync one way? I'm not referring to the choice of sync type in the setup program on my PC, but rather to any edits, adds or deletes I make on the phone. Same question for the calendar - if I edit, add or delete an entry on the Android calendar, will that propagate back to your calendar app and the sync to the PC?
    Ruh Oh. Sounds like a bug to me. It is SUPPOSED to go two ways. All edits on the phone should sync back to PC. I'll check it out in the morning to see what I'm getting. If there is a problem we may do a quick re-post on Monday. Our next scheduled release should be mid-week, although I may delay it a week depending on, well, whether it works.

Quote Originally Posted by CLCTO View Post
    Ruh Oh. Sounds like a bug to me. It is SUPPOSED to go two ways. All edits on the phone should sync back to PC. I'll check it out in the morning to see what I'm getting. If there is a problem we may do a quick re-post on Monday. Our next scheduled release should be mid-week, although I may delay it a week depending on, well, whether it works.
    Probably just mean old Mr. Potts pretending to be the monster that haunts the shuttered amusement park. Man, am I hungry. What was I gonna say? Oh, right. Most excellent response. Yar.

I've also noticed over the last several days that my calendar appointments that have a reminder...no alarm is sounding. Help!

And I just noticed late last night that after syncing with my PC, all the alarms go off when it's done....

--Russ
    Last edited by russcarver; 05-10-2010 at 06:35 AM.

I have the same thing happening, though in my case the alarm does go off. But all of the old recurrent reminders (e.g., birthdays), but not old one-time reminders (e.g. an appointment), go off again after synching with my PC. I can dismiss all on the phone and they'll stay off until the next time I sync, then they go off again as soon as the phone re-accesses the SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by CLCTO View Post
    In case you were still looking at this, I seem to be able to sync in both directions without any problem. I figured out that I had not only to setup the application to sync in both directions, but to make sure that Outlook was not the primary database as well. Now adds and deletes work fine. So no bug, just not as clear as it might have been, which you could address with a simple sentence in the setup tab about synching both directions (e.g. "Note: If you want to sync deletes as well as adds and changes, select 'Both' under the Primary Database tab." Or something like that.

Thanks.

Peter

Kvedt, for recurring event alarms ringing after a sync. We've found and fixed it. You will need a new CompanionLink Update from this page:

http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

Please wait until you see an update with today's date. It is still in QA at the moment.