Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Deja Office for Android - Timeline?

Thumbs down not ready for PrimeTimeline

Would love to purchase CompanionLink (CL), but it and DejaOffice (DO) are not ready for prime time. I depend on Outlook (OL) appointments for my business (for tracking billable time) and literally cannot afford to lose appointments; after setting up for trial access, revamping workflow for limitations of the software, and running for 10 days, the last synch dropped recently-added appointments. Thank God I suspected as much and backed up the calendar, but now must copy appointments back and sort through double entries - LARGE PITA, and one dissatisfied frustrated potential customer here.

Would reconsider the product pair if:

1) DO handled mutliple categories - my customer billing depends on these

2) Completed tasks transferred along with uncompleted ones

3) Bluetooth sync was implemented as has been promised

I echo other posts here in that I'm very disappointed having lost OL sync moving from Palm Treo to Droid, and appreciate your efforts to fill the gap.

Thank you.

PEM

I've been checking and the CL Express update is still build 3095. Should I be downloading and installing the update that says CL for webOS build 3096? Or is that different? Obviously I don't want to lose the functionality of my CL Express and DejaOffice.

Sorry if I'm being dense or too literal, but I've learned to be cautious over the years.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter, hang tight, we are updating our builds today. CompanionLink Express build 3096 should be available shortly.

Alarms

Hi,

Just registered yesterday, thanks for providing a forum. Overall, I like the product. Thanks for giving business users a good tool to use with Outlook and Droid.

I also have had issues with multiple, very old alarms after each sync. I just downloaded and installed build 3096, hoping this would provide a fix after reading the forum. No luck.

Also, I have a calendar request. The font is really, really small on my droid in one day view.

Motorola Droid with DejaOffice 1.3.3
    CompanionLink USB Sync Build 3096

Alan

Alan, welcome to the forums

b3096 was supposed to be the silver bullet. Please accept my apology. I'll share it with the tech team. It's relatively quick for us to do a PC update so look for one tomorrow.

Fonts are here! I'm looking at better fonts on my phone tonight. Still a long way to go. We are refitting fonts, and fot selections into about 22 different screens. I'm very agreed that the Calendar fonts are a sheer exercise in screen resolution. In the first pass on fonts, a lot of text doesn't fit or wraps oddly. I can tell there is a lot for the team to fix up. I'm hoping for Wed May 19 or so. I'll keep everyone posted here.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Alan,

I’m a member of the tech team, and I’ve been testing the alarms in DejaOffice. I couldn’t replicate the behavior that you’re seeing, and I’d like to do some further testing with you. Could you please contact CompanionLink technical support and ask for Eric when you get a chance? Thank you!

After playing around with the latest update for DejaOffice 1.3.3 I have found several small issues that have carried over from the CL USB version I used previously, so I figured I would list them here to see if they are on the radar:

1) On the "DejaToday" screen, if I tap a task then hit the "Complete" button to clear the task, when I return to the "DejaToday" screen the "Events" bar moved up one line and actually displays the most current calendar event as a task. Everything below the "Events" bar remains in the proper order. I have been able to replicate this issue numerous times. Leaving and then re-entering the screen will resolve the problem.

2) Color-coding for categories still seems be dropping color selections for some categories after a sync. I can re-set them, then they will revert to the default gray color some time during the next few syncs.

3) Alarms - these seem to be hit or miss for calendar events. For quite a few days none of my alarms were working at all, then randomly last week they began to work almost normally (these are for the same recurring events I have on my calendar every week). So far this week, they are back to not working most of the time. Also, I have the same problem someone else reported where every time I sync Droid back to my PC I receive somewhere between 15-20 alarms for events that are weeks old.

4) Recurring calendar events do not show color coding in the "DejaToday" screen. Non-recurring events show the proper color coding.

5) Tasks - The due date line for all tasks is still showing up as half-height, so in most cases I cannot read the due date on this screen and must view the summary for the item to see the date.

That's it for now. I am encouraged to see that many issues have already been addressed, but am still hoping that future releases will include much more of the Palm-like functionality, specifically around the behavior of reminders and tasks.

Hi Eric and Wayland. I downloaded the CompanionLink Express update build 3096 today, and the problem of old recurrent alarms reappearing is still there, just as it was when I posted last week. I noticed that Alan reported the same thing a few posts up from this one. I'm using DejaOffice 1.3.3, CompanionLink Express w/ update build 3096. Using it on a Verizon HTC Incredible running android 2.1 w/ update1. So that's too bad, though a minor annoyance at worst.

The good news is that an earlier problem I was having - the DejaOffice shortcuts I'd place on my home screen always taking me to whatever DejaOffice application I used first - has gone away. I know from an earlier response that you weren't able to duplicate that problem, but it remained a consistent one for me until the update to CLX. So thanks for that.

Peter
    Last edited by kvedt; 05-15-2010 at 08:35 PM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Peter!

We will be releasing an update to DejaOffice that fixes this alarm issue (and other bugs as well). Look for it later this week.

Eric

DejaOffice Team Member
    BamBam, we've tested what you found with the new build of DejaOffice (version 1.4.0). Everything seems to be working now!

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
    After playing around with the latest update for DejaOffice 1.3.3 I have found several small issues that have carried over from the CL USB version I used previously, so I figured I would list them here to see if they are on the radar:

1) On the "DejaToday" screen, if I tap a task then hit the "Complete" button to clear the task, when I return to the "DejaToday" screen the "Events" bar moved up one line and actually displays the most current calendar event as a task. Everything below the "Events" bar remains in the proper order. I have been able to replicate this issue numerous times. Leaving and then re-entering the screen will resolve the problem.

2) Color-coding for categories still seems be dropping color selections for some categories after a sync. I can re-set them, then they will revert to the default gray color some time during the next few syncs.

3) Alarms - these seem to be hit or miss for calendar events. For quite a few days none of my alarms were working at all, then randomly last week they began to work almost normally (these are for the same recurring events I have on my calendar every week). So far this week, they are back to not working most of the time. Also, I have the same problem someone else reported where every time I sync Droid back to my PC I receive somewhere between 15-20 alarms for events that are weeks old.

4) Recurring calendar events do not show color coding in the "DejaToday" screen. Non-recurring events show the proper color coding.

5) Tasks - The due date line for all tasks is still showing up as half-height, so in most cases I cannot read the due date on this screen and must view the summary for the item to see the date.