Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Deja Office for Android - Timeline?

Any chance you could add a feature when picking a due date for tasks to see a whole month at a time? Like a real calendar? That would be VERY helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    BamBam, we've tested what you found with the new build of DejaOffice (version 1.4.0). Everything seems to be working now!
    I have DejaOffice 1.4.0 for my HTC Incredible, and the following issues are still not resolved:

1) On the "DejaToday" screen, if I tap a task then hit the "Complete" button to clear the task, when I return to the "DejaToday" screen the "Events" bar moved up one line and actually displays the most current calendar event as a task. Everything below the "Events" bar remains in the proper order. I have been able to replicate this issue numerous times. Leaving and then re-entering the screen will resolve the problem.

3) Alarms - these seem to be hit or miss for calendar events. For quite a few days none of my alarms were working at all, then randomly last week they began to work almost normally (these are for the same recurring events I have on my calendar every week). So far this week, they are back to not working most of the time. Also, I have the same problem someone else reported where every time I sync Droid back to my PC I receive somewhere between 15-20 alarms for events that are weeks old.
    I would also like to be able to create recurring tasks and recurring calendar events such that when I delete one occurrence, it then appears at the next due date.

--Russ

Russ, the date picker widget will be revised soon. It will be a month view with single tap selection. However, this widget by itself is probably several days work. Probably in June/July. The current date picker (native Android date picker) is functional.

I'll have the team run through alarms and the today screen again.

We will probably do another update this week.

BamBam, we've tested what you found with the new build of DejaOffice (version 1.4.0). Everything seems to be working now!
    Items #1 and #2 from the list you quoted in your message are still not working properly for me with version 1.4.0. Specifically, I am still seeing the formatting error with the DejaTasks screen, and my color coding has been dropped several more times during a sync since installing the update.

After upgrading to version 1.4.0 yesterday, I also discovered another issue: specifically, when viewing tasks and I tap the menu button and choose the "Complete" option, the task is not marked as complete. I tested this numerous times today and in each instance, the task I tapped "Complete" on was left on my open task list. When I tapped the task, opened the task using "Edit" and checked the "Is Complete" checkbox, the item would then be marked complete and removed from the active tasks. Anyone else notice this change in behavior? The "Complete" button was working for me in the previous release.

DejaOffice Team Member
    BamBam and Russ, we're taking another look at the problems you are seeing. We will be updating DejaOffice soon.

I am running the 1.4.1 update and am still experiencing a few issues:

1) On the "DejaToday" screen, if I tap a task then hit the "Complete" button to clear the task, when I return to the "DejaToday" screen the "Events" bar moved up one line and actually displays the most current calendar event as a task. Everything below the "Events" bar remains in the proper order. I have been able to replicate this issue numerous times. Leaving and then re-entering the screen will resolve the problem. (previously reported 05/13)

2) Tasks do not sync consistently with my Palm desktop. If I mark a task as completed on the handheld, it is hit or miss if the desktop will get updated. Items marked as complete on the desktop typically sync to the device properly. I have verified that I have bi-directional sync enabled for all changes and deletions.

3) When opening the calendar, it still occasionally defaults to December, 1969 as the current date. This is random and cannot be reproduced consistently.

4) Recurring events keep disappearing. I can create a recurring event on the desktop (since this functionality is not yet available in the mobile app), sync it to the device, confirm it is there and yet some time during the next few weeks after the event has been acknowledged on each recurrence (typically once per week) the event disappears completely. I have not been able to determine a pattern to this.

Thanks.

Bambam, thanks for the report.

We'll be checking all these issues. I expect a new release around June 8.

I have a new update to report (I have version 1.5.6). I recently traveled and drove from mountain time zone into pacific time zone. As soon as I changed into PT, all my tasks and calendar items changed to being scheduled one day earlier than they were! How frustrating for scheduling! Thankfully, they all changed back on the drive home, but this should definitely be fixed.

--Russ

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thanks for the feedback, Russ. We'll take a look at this.