Closed Thread

Thread: Completed Tasks Show 12/31/2010 Date After Sync

Completed Tasks Show 12/31/2010 Date After Sync

Quote Originally Posted by DJO Tech Team
    Oh, here he goes again...
    I suspect this is a glitch with Palm Desktop.

I synced my Tasks last night, and then looked on Palm Desktop; it shows they were completed, but it shows the completion date as 12/31/2010, NOT the date they were actually completed.

I know Palm has had many issues in the past with UNDATED tasks showing up on the Desktop version with a 12/31/2010 due date, so I'm guessing this is what's happening.

Which leads to further speculation - when I click that a task is done in Deja Tasks, is it capturing the date the task is done? I'm thinking probably not, which is what is leading to this issue.

Any chance that's a pretty easy fix?

It's nice to be able to pull out archives to show when things were done. It's like having a mini-diary, but instead of looking back on how I captured all my wonderful feelings for Becky Thatcher, I can go back and see what day I "email DGK, re: Reqs" and "double next week's 135 order"!

DejaOffice Team Member
    You are exactly right; DejaOffice isn't keeping track of the task completion date, so what's happening here is that Palm Desktop is assigning a default.

So... Any chance DJO WILL keep track of the completion date?

DejaOffice Team Member
    I've added it to our feature request list.

And once you've done it, you can cross it off your list... And then whenever anyone says, "Hey, when did you complete that request??", you'll be able to tell them!

(I have zero knowledge here, but I would imagine this would not be a difficult bit of code?)

Closed Thread