+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice 2.2.7 now posted in Google Play Store

DejaOffice 2.2.7 now posted in Google Play Store

We've just posted DejaOffice 2.2.7 to the Google Play Store. If you've been upgrading to our beta versions, this won't be a big change. If you are still on 2.1.9, you will notice some big differences. This update includes fixes and changes from 2.2.0 all through 2.2.7. Major release notes are below. We will post Amazon and NOOK versions to their respective stores soon.

As always, let us know about any issues and feel free to post any feedback.

DejaOffice 2.2

-new app icons, menus and navigation bars that mirror ICS

-New tabbed interface in DejaContacts

-Encryption of the entire DejaOffice database

-New sync methods, Bluetooth Sync and DejaCloud sync

-Share events and tasks

-New DejaOffice native contacts/calendar account

-New mini-app DejaJournal

More notes available at www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

Is there any information on exactly what DejaCloud sync is and how it works? I can't find it. Is this just the old Secure Wireless Sync with a new name or is it that plus web-based access or...? I'm curious.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Is there any information on exactly what DejaCloud sync is and how it works? I can't find it. Is this just the old Secure Wireless Sync with a new name or is it that plus web-based access or...? I'm curious.
    Hi Hook -

DejaCloud is our new, cloud based sync service. It's still in its beta stage, which is why you haven't heard much. Here's more info on it:

http://www.companionlink.com/dejacloud/

DejaCloud requires the latest version of CompaninLink (www.companionlink.com/updates).

Belinda,

I got the 2.2.7 update pushed into my Razr Maxx yesterday. Now I get a funky split screen rendition of all apps (e.g., the Calendar, Contacts, and Task). I prefer the 2.2.6 rendition where the listing occupies the full screen, and you can easily identify and drill down to the detail you wish to see further. Is there a way to restore the old 2.2.6 "listing view" while running 2.2.7, or is there perhaps a "Setting" I have overlooked that would accomplish this?
    Last edited by Infoman; 08-16-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Infoman View Post
    Belinda,

I got the 2.2.7 update pushed into my Razr Maxx yesterday. Now I get a funky split screen rendition of all apps (e.g., the Calendar, Contacts, and Task). I prefer the 2.2.6 rendition where the listing occupies the full screen, and you can easily identify and drill down to the detail you wish to see further. Is there a way to restore the old 2.2.6 "listing view" while running 2.2.7, or is there perhaps a "Setting" I have overlooked that would accomplish this?
    I'm not sure I'm understanding your description, but my first thought is to check General Settings and make sure Tablet mode is turned off.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Smile DejaOfice 2.2.7 resets General Settings to display in Tablet Mode

Thank you! That worked. Not yet advancing into the tablet toy arena, I wasn't aware that this nuance was featured.

Question How do I use the new DO Contact account?

Can you explain (or point to an explanation elsewhere) how to use the new DO Contact Account? Up until now, I've had "Sync with Android Contacts App" checked and "Contact Account" set to "Phone", and my DJO and Phone contacts have stayed in sync. If I want to switch to using the DO account instead of the Phone account, what steps do I have to take?

I read this article: http://www.companionlink.com/blog/20...nt-management/, but it doesn't really say much other than "here's the feature". What I'm looking for is what, exactly, does the feature do, what settings should I make on what screens (both in DJO and on my phone's native apps [Android 2.3]), and what extra steps should I take (resyncing? doing a purge-and-reload? deleting native contacts from the Phone account?) to be using the DO Contact account properly?
    Rob Freundlich

Samsung Galaxy Note 2/Android 4.1.2/Kernel Version 3.0.31-1098177
    DJO Version 2.5.4 (500)
    CL Version 5070
    Palm Desktop Version 4.1/Windows 7 64-bit
    Local WiFi Sync

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    We've just posted DejaOffice 2.2.7 to the Google Play Store. If you've been upgrading to our beta versions, this won't be a big change. If you are still on 2.1.9, you will notice some big differences. This update includes fixes and changes from 2.2.0 all through 2.2.7. Major release notes are below. We will post Amazon and NOOK versions to their respective stores soon.

As always, let us know about any issues and feel free to post any feedback.

DejaOffice 2.2

-new app icons, menus and navigation bars that mirror ICS

-New tabbed interface in DejaContacts

-Encryption of the entire DejaOffice database

-New sync methods, Bluetooth Sync and DejaCloud sync

-Share events and tasks

-New DejaOffice native contacts/calendar account

-New mini-app DejaJournal

More notes available at www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp
    Hello Belinda, I just installed 2.2.8 for Android: great job.
    One suggestion, if I may, for an upcoming release.
    Can You remove the top of the dejatoday 4x4 widget where there are the day and date? They take much space and would be better to replace it with a single line.
    Thanks for your attention and sorry for my bad english.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by terry67; 08-17-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Wow, this version has jumped in size to 6.8Mb from 2.4Mb for version 2.1.7.
    Why is that?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terry67 View Post
    Hello Belinda, I just installed 2.2.8 for Android: great job.
    One suggestion, if I may, for an upcoming release.
    Can You remove the top of the dejatoday 4x4 widget where there are the day and date? They take much space and would be better to replace it with a single line.
    Thanks for your attention and sorry for my bad english.
    What device are you using?

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread