Thread: DejaOffice User Manual

Unhappy DejaOffice User Manual

Is there a user mnual anywhere online for DejaOffice for Android?

Droid X
    DejaOffice 5.0 build 5036

Here is a good place to start. As far as I know, there is no in depth manual:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/classroom/android/

For Companion Link, see here:

http://www.companionlink.com/support/
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Question What does reread do?

Thanks for the reply. One thing that always confuses me is when I have the option to 'reread' data. The DajaCloud SYNC window offers the options to 'reread Cloud' and/or to 'reread Handheld'.

What does DejaOffice do to the Cloud or Handheld data after it rereads the data ??

Those have to be some of the most ambiguous options I have ever run across in any application.

I have the same problem. I don't know, what this 2 options do.
    When do I need them?
    And how does it work together with the button "Read Android Data"?

I also would like to see a manual.
    Or at the very least, something which would explain the various menu options under "Settings."
    Just for an example, under Calendar settings: "Day View entries show start time." I'll eventually figure this out, I guess, by choosing the various options, then going back to the calendar and seeing how it changed. But a user guide would be much nicer.

I can’t understand why you wouldn’t been able to put the necessary resources in the past 19 (or 28?) years to create a comprehensive user manual.

Exclamation COMPREHENSIVE user guide, user manual

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Comprehensive.
    COMPREHENSIVE.

That collection of some web pages is very far from being comprehensive.
    There are LOTS of settings that are not described there. Some of them are described here on the forum, but who wants to scour a whole bunch of chatter to find some info

If you think that it is OK to not have a thorough user manual, user guide for a complex product like this, than you are hopeless.
    Or if you think those pages are comprehensive, then you lie to us and to yourself also.

Never mind!
    Despite all the shit that goes together with your product, I bet there will be lots of revenue for your company from month to month so keep going, don't change anything!
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by billlyon View Post
    Thanks for the reply. One thing that always confuses me is when I have the option to 'reread' data. The DajaCloud SYNC window offers the options to 'reread Cloud' and/or to 'reread Handheld'.

What does DejaOffice do to the Cloud or Handheld data after it rereads the data ??
    Re-read Cloud, removes all data from Handheld and syncs it back from Cloud (i.e. makes Handheld same as Cloud)
    and Re-read Handheld does the reverse, it clears Cloud and pushes data from Handheld to Cloud. Neither of these options should be used much as their not 100% perfect, I sometimes do use ReRead Cloud to get Handheld to pick up a change which it has overlooked.
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.12 (1099) , CompanionLink 8022
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)