Closed Thread

Thread: Search in Contacts to include info in Notes

Post Search in Contacts to include info in Notes

I run a charity in Africa and have hundreds of Contacts - many of whose names I can't always remember, but I do remember a word that I recorded about them in Notes. A search on Notes would reveal the Name I can't remember.
    On the PC I have Palm Desktop and one can do a 'Find' search under Contacts and this will cover all info in Notes as well as Names.

Could we have this facility in DejaOffice please? (There is an option in DejaContacts under Search which says - Name, company and Notes - but the Search does not incude the Notes section)
    zimbo

DejaOffice Team Member
    We will be adding full contact note search to DejaOffice, though I don't have an ETA quite yet.

I'm looking forward to searching in notes within contacts as well. I like having a contact like "Handymen" where I then list garage door repair guy, the air conditioning company, the tile guy.....in the notes field. That's just an example. I really have used Contacts more as a catch-all filing system over the years with my Palm than just a list of phone numbers and addresses.

The 'Feature Specifications' page at http://www.dejaoffice.com/ does indeed state that search within "any field" is a current feature (i.e. no 'Coming Soon' icon next to it). I'm running DejaOffice 1.6.3. and CL USB 4.0 (4008) on a Droid 2 (Android OS 2.2 - "Froyo") and this feature still isn't available on my device. The ability to search the notes field in contacts would be much appreciated. So just to confirm, this *isn't* supposed to be available on DejaOffice 1.6.3? I want to make sure it's not just a bug exclusive to the Droid2.

Also - I noticed Search only searches the name field? For instance, if I punch in a phone number into Search, I get nuthin'.

Bump! Is this on The List?

Thanks, guys!

Closed Thread