+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to sync since DejaOffice Droid update

Unable to sync since DejaOffice Droid update

My Droid recently updated my DejaOffice app. When I try to sync, my droid is telling me to start the sync using my companionlink on my pc. On my Pc it's telling me to start on my device. what's up? How do i sync?

also my android contacts have not been syncing up properly for some reason. This was a problem before the update. Can I still use the "reread android data on next sync" option?

Nancy

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nancypete View Post
    My Droid recently updated my DejaOffice app. When I try to sync, my droid is telling me to start the sync using my companionlink on my pc. On my Pc it's telling me to start on my device. what's up? How do i sync?

also my android contacts have not been syncing up properly for some reason. This was a problem before the update. Can I still use the "reread android data on next sync" option?

Nancy
    Nancypete,

What is the exact Droid device model and Android OS version installed?
    What build # of CompanionLink is installed on your PC?

Please see my signature file for additional information we will need to help you out.

Thomas

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Droid2 Global
    Android version 2.3.3
    DejaOffice 2.2.9
    companionlink version 4.0 bild 4047
    Data manager app Outlook 7 and ACT but I sync to Outlook
    Sync via USB- settings to "charge only"
    Sync all categories contacts
    Sync all categories calendar
    Contact account - phone, I think
    Calendar account nancypete1@gmail.com

Does this give you everything you need?

Nancypete, it is helpful if you put that information in your signature so it is always handy no matter what problem you post about. Click the setting link at the top right and click on edit signature. Then copy and paste the information into your signature text box and save.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Nancy,

Make sure both CompanionLink and DejaOffice are set to use the same sync method. We recently added a second USB sync method called DejaConnect (it's more automatic, and lets us support more devices). When using DejaConnect, sync is started on the PC. When using the older USB method (Mass Storage Mode), sync is started on the phone.

It's possible the sync methods may have been swapped at some point, check and make sure they are both set to either Mass Storage Mode or DejaConnect. Here are setup guides to refer to: http://www.companionlink.com/support...Guides#Android

+ Reply to Thread