Thread: Copy feature on DejaCalendar

Copy feature on DejaCalendar

Hi,

I've found the copy feature on DejaCalendar to be very useful, however it is only accessible on a specific view. Can the copy feature be added to all DejaCalendar Views?

Thanks,

Dan

+1 to this. I often add notes to an appointment and it's useful to be able to copy this to customer invoices and service reports.
    Tablet: Archos 101 G9 Turbo ICS
    Phone: HTC Sensation XL ICS
    DejaOffice version# 2.2.11
    CompanionLink build # 5036
    Data Manager App Outlook: 2010
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaCloud
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Native Android
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Calendar: DejaOffice

+1 I think will be very usefull
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Cool...thanks. So, I've read the other thread. I did learn a little but also find the response and conclusion lacking.

I didn't realize the copy event was in two places (re day and week views). Now that I know, I've tried it out. Interestingly, if you use the day view and try to copy from one day, roll up to another day, and paste...the paste does not work. Pasting to another day seems to work if you are in week view and the day you want to copy to is in that view. You can not copy, roll up to another week, and paste there. The way it is implemented currently, you copy and paste on the same day and then edit the new copy. This is not a very good design. Anywy, I don't understand the reason for not having it on the list view as based on the current design, I'd expect it to behave the same as on the day view.

The way copy and paste should work is you should be able to copy an event to your paste buffer and then go to the day that you want it on (using any of the calendar views or the goto date feature) and then paste it. It should automatically assume the date of the day you paste it to...as well as the time slot you are pasting to...if you are in a view that shows the hours.