Thread: updated dejaoffice and companion link and contacts were dupliacted, many times

updated dejaoffice and companion link and contacts were dupliacted, many times

I had not updated in a while (a few months) so I decided to do it. The first time I synced after that many of my contacts were duplicated, sometimes more than once. I deleted all dupes in outlook then I checked "wipe contacts on android before sync". I resynced and the dupes remained on android and dejaoffice. I think they are growing, some now have 6 dups. Office contacts remain singular.

Seems like everytime I get the sync working as it should, the next upgrade I do screws it up again. I really miss the ease of syncing outlook with my blackberry,,,I really miss those days.

If I go into contacts on dejaoffice, and go to settings/merge duplicate records, it finds 845 records with 674 dups. I hit YES on "Merge duplicate records". it says "merging records" goes blank for a minute, goes back to contacts without merging any records.
    DejaOffice 2.2.9
    Outlook 2010
    Android X 2.3.3
    Sync via DJO 5036 DejaConnect USB

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raroberts View Post
    I had not updated in a while (a few months) so I decided to do it. The first time I synced after that many of my contacts were duplicated, sometimes more than once. I deleted all dupes in outlook then I checked "wipe contacts on android before sync". I resynced and the dupes remained on android and dejaoffice. I think they are growing, some now have 6 dups. Office contacts remain singular.

Seems like everytime I get the sync working as it should, the next upgrade I do screws it up again. I really miss the ease of syncing outlook with my blackberry,,,I really miss those days.

If I go into contacts on dejaoffice, and go to settings/merge duplicate records, it finds 845 records with 674 dups. I hit YES on "Merge duplicate records". it says "merging records" goes blank for a minute, goes back to contacts without merging any records.
    RaRoberts,

Follow these steps:
    1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings> Sync Settings
    3. Scroll down to Contact Account.
    - What account is selected for this setting?
    - Is googel sync disable for the account in this setting?