Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB deja connect synching requiring regular restart

USB deja connect synching requiring regular restart

I am using DejaOffice version 2.2.9 (341) on a Samsung Galaxy SIII, synching to Palm Desktop 6.2 on Windows 7 using CompanionLink 5.0 Build 5032.

The USB sync is smooth if I restart the phone, and I am able to sync several times, but then I start getting ADB device detected unmount device messages and the sync does not occur.

Is there any way to reset the phone to allow a sync without restarting?

Thanks.

The first thing you should do is upgrade to CL build 5036 and then report back if the problem persists.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I have the same problem regularly : seems the Android ADB is not very stable.
    This could be not a big difficulty, but when a sync stops ithe middle, there are terrible sides effects with appointments never synced or texts destroyed ; see : http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...-notes-content. The issue is not totally closed for me...
    Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.9 + CLP 5.0.5036 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

We've just posted version 2.2.10 to the Google Play store - this version does have some slight adjustments to how DejaConnect works in it. Please update & let us know if the issue persists.

-Belinda

It has happened with the appearance of an error "ADB device missing connection" or something like that.
    CLP was unable to sync with DJO even if the card files were visible in Windows Explorer. CLP was able to gracefully stop with the error. So, nothing shall had happened...
    But, the "Cancel" button is not bug free and I had to resync a lot of things by hand.

Thanks Belinda : good good news ! I try...

A question: the MTP protocol close the appearance of the mobile inside Windows Explorer when the screen is black. I happen to see the lost of MTP connection during the sync and everything goes bad. Does CLP will have something to gracefully detect that ? Regards.

Belinda:
    Installed CL build 5036 and updated DJO to 2.2.10. Sync'd first time. Tried sync'ing again today and got the same ADB device detected error and needed to restart the phone to enable sync.
    waldtest

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waldtest View Post
    Belinda:
    Installed CL build 5036 and updated DJO to 2.2.10. Sync'd first time. Tried sync'ing again today and got the same ADB device detected error and needed to restart the phone to enable sync.
    waldtest
    Thanks for the update waldtest.

I am curious if CompanionLink is configured for Auto Sync or for a Manual Sync?

To answer the question, manual sync.
    One more piece of information. When I initially restarted and plugged in the USB cable, I was able to do repeated sync's. It was after I unplugged and replugged in the USB cable, remounting the phone that I could not sync without restarting.

waldtest