+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem Sync-ing with 2.2.10

Problem Sync-ing with 2.2.10

The process of sync-ing my Outlook to Deja-Office had a little roughness when I moved to CL build 5032 and the new 2.2.9 after my RAZR Maxx was upgraded to ICS back in late July. For the past couple of days I have been having some difficulty getting the DejaConnect USB to work correctly. I was getting diaglog windows about CL having stopped. I would also get the ADB message which I haven't gotten since I started using a Motorola cable. I was happy to see the update last night to 2.2.10. Unfortunately it has not resolved the situation yet and after some frustration this morning, I had to quit trying to sync completely.

Is there some sequence to setting up a sync? I have always followed the following:
    1. Open the DejaOffice main window
    2. Be sure Outlook calendar is open on PC
    3. Open CompanionLink on PC
    4. Insert USB cable into phone
    5. Press "Sync" on the CL page (I have turned off automatic start)
    6. Press "sync" on the DejaOffice menu
    7. Watch as the dialog window says "Connecting....", "checking for changes" watching the calendar, tasks, contacts and notes and then seeing the Last Sync info change on the bottom left of the CL window.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks, as always, for your assistance.
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

Part of it may be that you need to upgrade to CL Build 5036 (you may have, I'm just going by your sig.)

For what it is worth, when I do a DejaConnect Sync, I open CL and open Deja Office and I plug it the cable and wait. I never have to touch either sync button. Takes a short amount of time to start, but it always starts and runs. I also notice the little sync wheel in DJO pops up and turns a short while after the desktop side appears done, so I always give it some time before I disconnect. Works every time for me. Don't know if ICS introduces new wrinkles.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Part of it may be that you need to upgrade to CL Build 5036 (you may have, I'm just going by your sig.)

For what it is worth, when I do a DejaConnect Sync, I open CL and open Deja Office and I plug it the cable and wait. I never have to touch either sync button. Takes a short amount of time to start, but it always starts and runs. I also notice the little sync wheel in DJO pops up and turns a short while after the desktop side appears done, so I always give it some time before I disconnect. Works every time for me. Don't know if ICS introduces new wrinkles.
    Hook,
    Sounds like you are using Auto Sync and RJLOMMD is using the Manual Sync process.

Both should work properly.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJLOMMD View Post
    The process of sync-ing my Outlook to Deja-Office had a little roughness when I moved to CL build 5032 and the new 2.2.9 after my RAZR Maxx was upgraded to ICS back in late July. For the past couple of days I have been having some difficulty getting the DejaConnect USB to work correctly. I was getting diaglog windows about CL having stopped. I would also get the ADB message which I haven't gotten since I started using a Motorola cable. I was happy to see the update last night to 2.2.10. Unfortunately it has not resolved the situation yet and after some frustration this morning, I had to quit trying to sync completely.

Is there some sequence to setting up a sync? I have always followed the following:
    1. Open the DejaOffice main window
    2. Be sure Outlook calendar is open on PC
    3. Open CompanionLink on PC
    4. Insert USB cable into phone
    5. Press "Sync" on the CL page (I have turned off automatic start)
    6. Press "sync" on the DejaOffice menu
    7. Watch as the dialog window says "Connecting....", "checking for changes" watching the calendar, tasks, contacts and notes and then seeing the Last Sync info change on the bottom left of the CL window.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks, as always, for your assistance.
    I am on vacation this week.
    Please submit a ticket to support and include this thread.
    We can provide specific support for this problem and note any issue you are having.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread