Thread: calendar sync'ing

calendar sync'ing

The addition of the time zone shift control has substantially improved my travel experience with my phone. In the past, to deal with the problem that appointment times got shifted, I shut off time update and time zone update in my phone and kept it on pacific time, manually changing the time zone. Now I can let me phone get its time and time zone from the network.

The no time zone shift option means that if I enter an appointment on my laptop, the times I enter are preserved. I thought this also be the case if I entered a new appointment in DJO on my phone. What I just discovered is that the default time zone for appointment entry is the time zone on the phone and when I sync to my laptop, which I keep on pacific time, it got shifted in the Palm Desktop to the earlier Pacific Time. I can solve the problem by setting the calendar'd event to the pacific time zone.

I can change the time zone manually, but it would be helpful if I could set the default creation time zone permanently to pacific. Please consider adding a setting to allow this.

waldtest

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waldtest View Post
    The addition of the time zone shift control has substantially improved my travel experience with my phone. In the past, to deal with the problem that appointment times got shifted, I shut off time update and time zone update in my phone and kept it on pacific time, manually changing the time zone. Now I can let me phone get its time and time zone from the network.

The no time zone shift option means that if I enter an appointment on my laptop, the times I enter are preserved. I thought this also be the case if I entered a new appointment in DJO on my phone. What I just discovered is that the default time zone for appointment entry is the time zone on the phone and when I sync to my laptop, which I keep on pacific time, it got shifted in the Palm Desktop to the earlier Pacific Time. I can solve the problem by setting the calendar'd event to the pacific time zone.

I can change the time zone manually, but it would be helpful if I could set the default creation time zone permanently to pacific. Please consider adding a setting to allow this.

waldtest
    Waldtest,

The General Rule for a USB sync is the phone and computer need to have the same time zone an daylight savings settings.

Thanks, Thomas.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waldtest View Post
    Thanks, Thomas.
    This can be especially tricky when traveling with a Laptop PC and Syncing on the road.
    Double check everything is set correctly before Syncing.