Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't make search for memos work

can't make search for memos work

The help section says you can use Android's search feature to find memos.
    First, I see Google Search. Is that the Android search the manual refers to?
    Second, when I use Google Search it doesn't find anything from my memos.
    Any advice will be appreciated

You should have a Google search widget available on the list of widgets. If you put that widget on the desktop, it will search locally, including your Deja Office items. Works great for me, on both my devices (see OS versions in my Sig).

Speaking of which, it helps everyone if you have key information in your sig. For instance, since I don't have ICS, if you do I have no idea if it works the same but someone else will. Find one of Thomas' posts for a good example of a signature format and the types of information needed.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I must be doing something wrong. I found a google search widget (the icon is just a "g"). but when I search it just gives me stuff from the internet. Do I have to somehow access it from within DejaOffice? Or some other way? Or is that the right widget?

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    You should have a Google search widget available on the list of widgets. If you put that widget on the desktop, it will search locally, including your Deja Office items. Works great for me, on both my devices (see OS versions in my Sig).

Speaking of which, it helps everyone if you have key information in your sig. For instance, since I don't have ICS, if you do I have no idea if it works the same but someone else will. Find one of Thomas' posts for a good example of a signature format and the types of information needed.

PS. I see that your post has information about your device. I assume that is the signature info. I can't find out how to add that.

Quote Originally Posted by huckrorick View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. I found a google search widget (the icon is just a "g"). but when I search it just gives me stuff from the internet. Do I have to somehow access it from within DejaOffice? Or some other way? Or is that the right widget?
    Make sure it is the widget with the blue icon (there is also a grey one). The Blue icon does the local search. Other than the color of the icon, they are identical with even the same name. And for some reason, at least on my devices, the two are not next to each other in the widget list.

PS. I see that your post has information about your device. I assume that is the signature info. I can't find out how to add that.
    Go to the settings link at the top right of any forum page. When you get the setings page, edit signature will be in the set of links on the left.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Yes, I'm using the blue icon. do the local results show up on the last page or something. the search shows many pages and I just looked at the first 2, all with internet results, no local

Yes, I'm using the blue icon. do the local results show up on the last page or something. the search shows many pages and I just looked at the first 2, all with internet results, no local
    How many results you get will depend on what you are searching for and how unique it is. If I search for a fairly specific note with a fairly distinctive name, I get it at the top pretty quickly. Try creating a note with a really odd name and see what happens when you search for it.

I created a memo with the title "frambletoot"
    then I clicked the blue "g" icon and typed in "frambletoot"
    it said "your search did not match any documents"

I created a memo with the title "frambletoot"
    then I clicked the blue "g" icon and typed in "frambletoot"
    it said "your search did not match any documents"
    Have you gone to the searchable items setting and made sure Deja Office is one of the items checked? Tap the search widget and when it comes up, hit menu and tap search settings. Then Tap "searchable items." If this isn't it, I'm really baffled (which I am most of the time anyway, so don't worry ).

When I tap the search widget, tap menu, tap settings, it has a title "Google Search Settings" and under that "Google Search" it doesn't have "searchable items". When I tap "Google Search" It has options like "Use Web History", "Manage Web History" and "Use My Location" only.
    Maybe I don't have the right version of the widget or something?