+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can I wipe out the cloud data?

How can I wipe out the cloud data?

How can I wipe out all cloud data? I found no button in the web interface.
    I need this to do again an initial load to the cloud.

Or is there another possibility to move all my Android data to the cloud without keeping data in the cloud which not exists on Android?

How can I edit or view the data in the cloud?

You can wipe the data in the cloud by selecting the option in Companion Link to "Wipe all Data on DejaCloud" on next sync. It will wipe the data and then reread the data from your CRM.

I don't think they are planning to give DejaCloud a web interface for viewing or editing as that introduces greater security issues. Right now, it is merely a way station for encrypted data shared by devices. (I don't work for Companion Link, so they may have a different answer )
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Hello Hook,
    thanks for your answer, but my problem is, that my Outlook data is out of date.
    So starting an initial synchronisation to the cloud beginning from Companion Link/Outlook would bring old data to the cloud.

The data which is up-to-date is on my android phone. So I need a possibility to start the initial sync (with deletion of the cloud data) from Android.

After that step, I can sync the data from the cloud to Outlook.

Regards
    lockpicking

Yes, I see the problem. I would be interested in what advice the CL-DJO folks will give you and you might want to go ahead and email support. I have never found a good method to employ "handheld overwrites Desktop" with CL-DJO and it is a function that is really needed. I'd like to know if I've just missed it somehow, which is always possible when you have a complex system and not much documentation. For this reason, I make Outlook my main calendar, sync daily and back-up twice a week.

In the absence of other information what I would try, after backing up both DJO (Titanium Backup if rooted, copying the CLUSB folder if not) and Outlook, is to do a handheld sync with the reread handheld box checked, then sync Outlook. I suspect you might end up with duplicates, but you should have all the up to date data.

I'd see if you can get other input first.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Yes, I see the problem. I would be interested in what advice the CL-DJO folks will give you and you might want to go ahead and email support. I have never found a good method to employ "handheld overwrites Desktop" with CL-DJO and it is a function that is really needed. I'd like to know if I've just missed it somehow, which is always possible when you have a complex system and not much documentation. For this reason, I make Outlook my main calendar, sync daily and back-up twice a week.

In the absence of other information what I would try, after backing up both DJO (Titanium Backup if rooted, copying the CLUSB folder if not) and Outlook, is to do a handheld sync with the reread handheld box checked, then sync Outlook. I suspect you might end up with duplicates, but you should have all the up to date data.

I'd see if you can get other input first.
    I would perform a reread of the android Data.

I would also set CompanionLink Deletion and conflict resolution to Android. (These settings do not reset after the Sync so you may need to adjust them back to your preference after the Sync.)

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Hello Thomas,
    thanks for your answser.
    But what I need is a possibility to overwrite all the cloud data with the Android data, a kind of initial sync from Android to the cloud.
    How can I do this?
    What do the 2 buttons in DejaOffice do: "Mobil neu lesen" (may in English "Read mobil again") and "Cloud neu lesen" (may in English "Read Cloud again")?
    Can I use one of them to overwrite the cloud data with the Android data? What exactly do they do?

+ Reply to Thread