Thread: Calendar corruption, watch out for this one.

Calendar corruption, watch out for this one.

When a date change is made to a repeating calendar event,
    the year always changes to a six digit number under the following conditions:
    In the most recent example, a daily reminder had been in place for a few months.
    Occasionally, all of the previous day's reminders are removed to reduce clutter.
    Then when a change is made to the event, and make the mistake of telling it to
    update all days rather than just future days, the starting date changes to a six digit number.
    The event of course disappears from the day being displayed, so you have to run a search to find it.
    You can then delete the event. In this case I tried to cajole the event to the desired date.
    DejaCalendar crashed.
    Now when attempting to open the calendar, the message "retrieving calendar data"
    is displayed with a spinning progress ring.
    After a minute or so, a message appears "Unfortunately, DejaOffice has stopped", with an action choice of Report or OK.
    If "Report" is selected, and then "Preview feedback", the Stack trace says:
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:[memory exhausted] at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

DejaContacts is now the only thing in DejaOffice that works.
    DejaTasks, DejaMemos, DejaJournal, DejaToday, Settings, and Setup Wizard all fail to open.
    In this case, the stack trace says:
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    at java.util.ArrayList.add(ArrayList.java:114)
    at com.companionlink.clubsync.
    RecurringHelper.getInstances(RecurringHelper.java: 1263)
    at com.companionlink.clubsync.ClSqlDatabase.AddIntern alEvent(ClSqlDatabase.java:4071)
    at com.companionlink.clubsync.ClSqlDatabase.buildInte ralTableFromCursor(ClSqlDatabase.buildinternalTabl eClSqlDatabase.java:3629)
    at com.companionlink.clubsync.ClSqlDatabase.setNextAl arm(ClSqlDatabase.jave:5017)
    at com.companionlink.clubsync.DejaLink$run(DejaLink.j ava:8427)

It was apparently trying to make a gigantic list of alarms.

There hasn't been a backup for many months, so there is no current copy of the calendar to retrieve.
    In an attempt to backup whatever is remaining, I attempted to sync to Outlook,
    which currently contains nothing because I use Mozilla stuff.
    Then I tried to sync using CompanionLink for Outlook on the Windows 7 PC.
    It displays message:
    "Found an Android device, but unable to connect to DejaOffice Please unmount your device if it is mounted."

If the sync is initiated from DejaOffice, it times out and crashes, leaving a stack trace:
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:[memory exhausted] at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method) line number 2

Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.0.4
    DejaOffice 2.2.11
    CompanionLink for Outlook 5.0 Build 5040

What should I do now?

I requested support from www.companionlink.com/support
    They created a support ticket and worked on it until it was fixed.
    After a few emails back and forth, they narrowed it down and repaired the database.
    I was very surprised at such a high level of support.

About 15 years ago we were paying IBM $250,000 a year for support of one of their software products,
    and the support was not nearly this good. Of course we quit paying them and moved on to a better product.

DejaOffice is a serious product with serious support. Long live DejaOffice.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lspem View Post
    I requested support from www.companionlink.com/support
    They created a support ticket and worked on it until it was fixed.
    After a few emails back and forth, they narrowed it down and repaired the database.
    I was very surprised at such a high level of support.

About 15 years ago we were paying IBM $250,000 a year for support of one of their software products,
    and the support was not nearly this good. Of course we quit paying them and moved on to a better product.

DejaOffice is a serious product with serious support. Long live DejaOffice.
    Lspem,

So glad you got the help you needed. Thank you for the kind words about our support team.
    If you post here and no one responds you can always send me a private Message through the forums.

Best,

Thomas