+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should i update to latest CompanionLink version?

Should i update to latest CompanionLink version?

I am currently using CompanionLink build 5026, what do people think of moving up to the latest 5040?

I sync my Galaxy Note to Outlook 2003 using "Direct USB Sync" which is fine & a straightforward process. I would hate to make it less stable, on the other hand it would be good to know there is less chance of the dreaded duplicates!

Thanks, Paul
    DejaOffice 3.2.25 (866) on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 with Android 5.0
    DejaOffice 3.2.25 (866) on Galaxy Tab S2 TM-810 (32GB) with Android 7.0
    Companionlink 5.0 Build 5072 with Outlook 2003 Sp3 on Win 7 Pro Sp1
    Now syncing Via DejaCloud

In general, upgrading is a good idea just because there are so many bug fixes as well as upgrades that it becomes hard to troubleshoot a problem with older versions and, likely, the first thing they will tell you is to update. Build 5040 seems great so fat and, honestly, DejaConnect has become more and more stable. Also, there are features in the latest versions of Deja Office that depend on CL updates.

I understand the hesitation. Something can always break with an upgrade and it happens sometimes (although non-betas are not that risky), but the downsides of not upgrading are probably greater.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Save the executable for your current build so can always downgrade if necessary.
    Mobile Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Android Version: 7.1
    DJO Version: 4.2.3 (build 947)
    CompanionLink Build: 6048
    Syncing with: Outlook 2010
    Sync Method: DejaCloud Sync
    Android Contacts Sync Account: DejaOffice
    Computer OS: Windows 7 (64-Bit)

+ Reply to Thread