Thread: View Contact Details/Notes/History

View Contact Details/Notes/History

DJO 2.2.11 (347): I ask here if it will be possible to hide (or change color/background/make transparent) the tabs Notes and History in Contact view if the information (notes & history) are empty? Or maybe add this informations after the Details info. This because now it is impossible to know if there are this informations or not and one must tap to the tabs to see that there is notting in.
    Thank you!
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll take it into consideration.

Smile ACTUALLY viewing history

I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android 2.2
    The History tab gives a list of items relating to the contact in a temporal way, but clicking on them does nothing. One has to note the date and type (event, journal,etc) and then use the top left arrow button to leave this page and go to the calendar or journal etc, in order to look up the contents of that entry. This is quite cumbersome and I'm sure you have a workaround that I've not stumbled onto?

Additionally, on browsing a contact, it would be really nice to have the option to show/hide the contact list, as it takes up so much room.

I am in the slow process of moving from Agendus on the Palm to DjO on the Galaxy, and in doing so I am likely to explore the edges of the envelope - might as well use all its functions that you've worked so hard to create!

Hi kkumli,

The linked items that show up in the history tab should definitely be clickable (it should take you to the event/task/memo/journal detail). Are you seeing this behavior for all types of items? Have you made sure you are using the latest version of DejaOffice?

Hi Kaena,
    Somehow last night I was on a different view and it worked. To reproduce: click DejaContacts from the shortcut. It opens with the last category used (very useful). Half the width is the list, half is the contact including the 3 tabs. I tap History, the column width remains the same, the History tab is highlit. I tap any entry, it blinks, nothing happens. I tap the pencil, while still under History, and Contact Details is shown, takes about 2/3 the screen width. The other two tabs no longer show. Tap the checkbox & return to previous view. Tap Notes, then pencil, and return to Contact Details showing 2/3 the screen width. This process holds true for Calendar, Call, Email (icon looks like Journal) & Journal.

Using 2.2.11

Quote Originally Posted by kkumli View Post
    I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android 2.2
    The History tab gives a list of items relating to the contact in a temporal way, but clicking on them does nothing. One has to note the date and type (event, journal,etc) and then use the top left arrow button to leave this page and go to the calendar or journal etc, in order to look up the contents of that entry. This is quite cumbersome and I'm sure you have a workaround that I've not stumbled onto?

Additionally, on browsing a contact, it would be really nice to have the option to show/hide the contact list, as it takes up so much room.

I am in the slow process of moving from Agendus on the Palm to DjO on the Galaxy, and in doing so I am likely to explore the edges of the envelope - might as well use all its functions that you've worked so hard to create!
    I have been using a Palm Pre and Agendus and contemplating a Galaxy S3 or Note2. How do you like these devices and DejaOffice.

Are you syncing with palm desktop via Companionlink?

Quote Originally Posted by comptuter View Post
    I have been using a Palm Pre and Agendus and contemplating a Galaxy S3 or Note2. How do you like these devices and DejaOffice.

Are you syncing with palm desktop via Companionlink?
    I have the Tungsten T5, have used it and formerly the Zire 72 (I think) quite happily with Agendus for years. Agendus, like DejaOffice, has many features, some of which I don't need so therefore can't make a robust comparison. I've yet to fully explore DejaOffice, want to understand each feature well before learning another. It would be nice to see a comparison chart.

Hi Kaena, just saw this response. Am now using 2.2.11 and it definitely works as you suggest, when starting from the desktop shortcut Contacts. I click on a contact name and the list goes away, showing me the client's 3 tabs; I can enter a new task, journal, event or memo, and on returning via the Back button to the client and clicking the History tab these entries all show; clicking on any entry opens it.

Deeper questions:
    Would be practical to be able to sort this list by title, type, and date - what is the default sorting criteria as it's not obvious?
    Would be useful to select one task and have the option of only one or all tasks show, so they can be compared; perhaps that's done in a different view?
    Memo is the only entry type which does not show the title as the first line, what's the logic there?
    What is the essential difference between journal and event?

Your responses will lead me to use the software more effectively and thus more frequently. Thanks!

I was working with Support on another issue and the one above has resurfaced. Am copying the notes I took on the computer while working on the Galaxy Tab:
    DejaOffice 2.4.0
    Open Contacts list, from either desktop shortcut or main DejaOffice window, portrait view.
    List is half the width of tablet as is, remains so when clicking on nothing or on either of the 3 tabs under selected contact.
    Click on editing pencil, tabs disappear, list is about a third the width. You will note above that in the past we were having the list get out of the way when opening from the desktop shortcut and editing contact details.
    Click on History tab, titles of historical entries appear.
    Click on titles/dates and now they do not open.
    Please fix this so we don't have to run around in order to open historical entries! Thanks.