Thread: Can't Find Memos After Changing Phones

Can't Find Memos After Changing Phones

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S III from T-Mobile. My old phone was a Samsung Galaxy S. Since all files are stored on the SD card, I just assumed that I could swith the SD card to the new phone, install DejaOffice, and that it would find all of my old files and I would be off and running. This did not happen. Is there a way of making this happen?

Thank you.

I suspect the SIII may use the the arrangement common to Android phones with a large amount of internal memory where it treats the internal memory as if it were the SDcard. In such a case, Deja Office installs the CLUSB folder on that internal memory. If so, it doesn't see the old data on the SD card. You can use a file manager to see if there is a CLUSB folder in internal memory. In a file manager /SDCARD will liely be your internal memory and /SDCARD/External_SD will be your memory card.

I don't know for sure how the SIII does it, but this or something like this is a common arrangement. Just copy the contents of the old CLUSB folder to the new folder.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Thank you. This worked well.