Thread: New/Old Deja user

New/Old Deja user

Have had Deja Office on my Android phone for a couple of years. Did the trial and synced with Outlook in my office, never got around to purchasing it, but like it. Now semi retired I still have Deja on my phone, just purchased CompanionLink, but it won't recognize my phone. HELP.

Tom,

Can you provide more details?

We need to know what desktop OS, what version of Outlook, what version of CL and DJO, what device, what version of Android and what sync method. Also, please describe what happens when you try to sync. Make sure, by the way, you have the same sync method set up in both CL and DJO (Obvious, I know, but can't hurt to check).
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

So many estions, so little knowledge...on my part.

Let me see:

- XP home 2002 with SP3
    - Outlook 2002
    - Just downloaded CL, so assume current, but don't know how to tell
    - DJO is about three years old, but don't know how to tell version

Message was something like "....can't find android...."

THX

Just found CL verions; CL5

When you open Deja Office on your phone, there should be a release notes icon that will tell you the version number. If it really hasn't been updated in a couple of years, you will need to update, but it may be that it has been updated and you are merely reporting when you first installed it.

On your phone, to get phone name and Android version, open the menu on the phone, and click on settings. Scroll down to something like "about phone" and tap on that. All the information will be there, Android version and model.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

more info

You have been very helpful, thanks for your time and patience.

Model PC361000
    Version 2.3.5

DJO 2.1.9

"Unable to find android device. Ensure the driver is installed, the device is connected and USB debugging is turned on" (It is)

We're getting there. I believe the Model id the number for the HTC EVO. It sounds like you are trying to sync using DejaConnect, but you don't have the proper drivers installed. DejaConnect is very easy to use once it is set up, but it is actually a bit convoluted to set up. If I am right, it at least confirms that you have a recent version of DJO.

Try setting up mass storage sync in CL and in DJO on your EVO-- it is probably what you used a couple of years ago.

Here is a link to a support page with set-up guides for all the different sync methods.

http://www.companionlink.com/support...Guides#Android