Thread: Contacts: primary/default contact number/e-mail

Lightbulb Contacts: primary/default contact number/e-mail

I recall that my old Palm gave me the option to decide for each contact whether the primary contact to display in the list view would be the business, home or mobile phone number. This is a feature I would like to see in DejaOffice, as a default setting for the whole Contacts database, with the possibility to make a different selection for individual contacts. Likewise for e-mail addresses. That would avoid in many cases having to go into the individual contact and staying at list view level (e.g. when I don't use the handset to make a call or send an e-mail, from work for example).

Thanks for considering.

Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) - Android 8.0.0 - DO 4.4.14 (1102) - CL 5 (5098) - DejaCloud sync - Outlook 2010
    CL sync Android to Outlook one-way only - Sync with Android Contacts App (Contact Account DO) - No Sync to Android Calendar App - PC Windows 7

I second that. Sometimes a contact has a work, mobile and home numbers. If it's a personal contact, the home or mobile number would usually be the primary number too call, and if it's a business contact, the work or mobile number might be the primary number to call. Being able to set which number shows up in the list view would make things much easier.

the same as already requested here: http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...be-per-contact
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Definitely the ability to mark one phone number as the "Display" number will be in the next update. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by rfo View Post
    I recall that my old Palm gave me the option to decide for each contact whether the primary contact to display in the list view would be the business, home or mobile phone number. This is a feature I would like to see in DejaOffice, as a default setting for the whole Contacts database, with the possibility to make a different selection for individual contacts. Likewise for e-mail addresses. That would avoid in many cases having to go into the individual contact and staying at list view level (e.g. when I don't use the handset to make a call or send an e-mail, from work for example).

Thanks for considering.
    It would be a great feature to set the default type of phone number to display for all of the contacts at once, e.g. to display the mobile phone for every contact.
    Then you would be able to change that one by one for particular contacts if the need arises.

But a global setting would be very helpful.

Ok. I'll remind the developer.

Was this feature ever added to dejaoffice updates?

if so, I can't find it. Thanks!

Please accept my apology. It's been there a long time.

Go to DejaOffice, DejaContacts, and edit a Contact
    Under Phone Numbers, the last field is "Display"
    Edit this to be the phone number you wish to display.

You may also want to set the default display. This is in Settings, DejaContact Settings, Default Phone Display. This will tell it to show the Work number, or Mobile number for all your contacts that DO NOT have a speciific number selected.