+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calendar: start/end date/time settings "too linked"

Exclamation Calendar: start/end date/time settings "too linked"

When you want set a calendar event spanning more than one day (say start today and end tomorrow), both dates change simultaneously (start tomorrow and end tomorrow), so as to remain identical when you change either one of them (start or end date). It takes several manipulations to get the dates to be different. While it may make sense at first that the end date stays in sync when you select a start date, it is clearly an intentional choice to make an end date different (tomorrow) if you select to edit that date, so the start date should not move (today).

The same applies to times. When you create a new entry (say at 1pm), even if you select "other" duration, if you immediately set an end time much later (say 6pm), the start time will automatically follow to be one hour before (4pm). If you then correct the start time (back to 1pm), the end time will move too (to 2pm). Only after those two steps will you at last be able to set a different end time (6pm, with the start time remaining at 1pm).

Please correct this in the next version.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Android 4.4.2 - DO 2.5.9 (538) - CL 6008 - Direct USB sync (Mass Storage Mode) - Outlook 2010
    CL sync Android to Outlook one-way only - Sync with Android Contacts App (Contact Account DO) - No Sync to Android Calendar App - PC & laptop Windows 7

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfo View Post
    When you want set a calendar event spanning more than one day (say start today and end tomorrow), both dates change simultaneously (start tomorrow and end tomorrow), so as to remain identical when you change either one of them (start or end date). It takes several manipulations to get the dates to be different. While it may make sense at first that the end date stays in sync when you select a start date, it is clearly an intentional choice to make an end date different (tomorrow) if you select to edit that date, so the start date should not move (today).

The same applies to times. When you create a new entry (say at 1pm), even if you select "other" duration, if you immediately set an end time much later (say 6pm), the start time will automatically follow to be one hour before (4pm). If you then correct the start time (back to 1pm), the end time will move too (to 2pm). Only after those two steps will you at last be able to set a different end time (6pm, with the start time remaining at 1pm).

Please correct this in the next version.
    rfo,

The latest version of DejaOffice is 2.2.11. Your signature indicates you are using 2.2.10. Can you please verify the exact version installed on your Android Device?

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    rfo,

The latest version of DejaOffice is 2.2.11. Your signature indicates you are using 2.2.10. Can you please verify the exact version installed on your Android Device?
    My mistake, I didn't indicate the last update. I do have version 2.2.11.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Android 4.4.2 - DO 2.5.9 (538) - CL 6008 - Direct USB sync (Mass Storage Mode) - Outlook 2010
    CL sync Android to Outlook one-way only - Sync with Android Contacts App (Contact Account DO) - No Sync to Android Calendar App - PC & laptop Windows 7

The problem doesn't happen with time anymore, but still occurs with dates. Try setting an all-day event spanning 2 or 3 days (or weeks), you will see that when you set the end date, the start date will automatically move to the same date. It therefore takes 2 steps for this simple setting.

When you later want to change the start or end date of your multi-date event (say a business trip), all dates are reset to the same day when you go into edit mode, so you have to be sure you remember what the dates were or you're doomed.

I really expect you should be able to fix this in a next version. All it takes is to allow the start date to be independent from the end date if it is different from "today", or the end date to be independent from the start date if one selects that one to edit (that assumes we don't want it to be identical to the start date).

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfo View Post
    The problem doesn't happen with time anymore, but still occurs with dates. Try setting an all-day event spanning 2 or 3 days (or weeks), you will see that when you set the end date, the start date will automatically move to the same date. It therefore takes 2 steps for this simple setting.

When you later want to change the start or end date of your multi-date event (say a business trip), all dates are reset to the same day when you go into edit mode, so you have to be sure you remember what the dates were or you're doomed.

I really expect you should be able to fix this in a next version. All it takes is to allow the start date to be independent from the end date if it is different from "today", or the end date to be independent from the start date if one selects that one to edit (that assumes we don't want it to be identical to the start date).
    rfo,

Last week we released DejaOffice 2.3.1 to the Google play store.
    The latest build of CompanionLink is 5048 as well.
    Can you verify the current version of DejaOffice installed?
    Please update to 2.3.1 if you have not already. Let us know if this occurs in 2.3.1 with CompanionLink build 5048.

Best,

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Hi Thomas,

I have updated both DO and CL. New versions don't address the issue.

Thanks,
    rfo

Hi,

I described the same issue in the "DejaOffice for Android" Forum including some screen shots:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...eferrerid=1258

The issue is still present in the latest beta (371).

Regards
    Malte
    DejaOffice 3.1.2 (631) on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Android 4.4.4 German ---
    MS Outlook 2010 German on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ---
    CompanionLink: 6012 - DejaConnectUSB (ADB Mode) ---
    Sync with Android contacts: DejaOffice-Account - No Sync with Android calendar

Hello Malte and rfo -

Just to reiterate from my response here:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...ple-days/page2

This issue will be fixed in version 2.4.0 of DejaOffice. It has not been addressed in prior versions.

-Belinda

Hi Belinda,

I thought it was fixed, and indeed it works better when you create an all day event, but if you create an event that is not "all day" and set the end date further down the line, the start date moves along with it...

rfo

RFO, I'm not seeing this.

I create a new appointment at Current date, Current time. I hit Start Date, set to tomorrow. I set the time to 2pm. Then I hit End Date, and set it for Friday. It seems to stick just fine.

Can you give me a set of steps where the start date changes?

+ Reply to Thread