Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta Release DejaOffice v1.6.0 for Android

Lightbulb Beta Release DejaOffice v1.6.0 for Android

Here is a Beta release for DejaOffice 1.6.0 for Android. Release notes are below.

To download this release, enter this link on your phone. It will bring you to a web page you can use to download the beta.

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

NOTE: Beta releases may not be tested with AT&T Backflip because AT&T does not allow downloads outside Android Market.

DejaOffice v1.6 BETA

*Added the ability to add/create/edit recurring events within DejaOffice

*Added account selection options when syncing with the native Android apps

*Added Froyo automatic mounting support

*Improved native contact/calendar sync speed

*Fixed an issue where disabling contacts/calendar syncing on the PC would disabled sync b/w DJO and native apps

*Fixed an issue where email addresses wouldnt sync from the native contacts app

*Fixed and issue where the website field would sync incorrectly

*fixed an issue where task alarms synced from the PC would not ring

*fixed an issue where all day annual recurring events synced one day early to the native calendar

Well, have bugs:
    1. alarms in tasks still doesnt work. For both tasks created on device and synced from PC (palm desktop)
    2. all contacts looks like from "unfiled" category. Maybe sync bugs? Tomorrow will try to sync again (sync option is to add palm desktop info into android, because need my data to be safe in case of bugs in companionlink sync soft, and there are really lots of bugs)

Reoccuring events now show up on Vibrant which is good. However, now I notice there is 5+ second lag each time I switch between calendar dates or calender views. It tests your patience waiting.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1) and I am using Lotus Notes 6.5. It is not clear for me which Companionlink software I should try: Companionlink USB + Deja Office does not have Lotus as contact manager. Companionlink Express has Lotus Notes support, however I do not know how to start the sync on phone. Do I need to still use DejaOffice? I installed standard and also 1.6. Both end up with reading and then press OK when the PC sync is complete.

Please advice!

Thank you,

Mihai, welcome to the forum.

For Lotus Notes use CompanionLink Express with DejaOffice. Your data should be on the phone. Is it there?

Task Alarm Fix Still No Workie!

I downloaded v1.6 and immediately performed a test on the task alarm function. It still does not work. Also, I cannot change the default priority to Normal. The default priority is high (which is odd) and I have to change every task to normal each time I create a new one.
    Other suggestions: Could you make the task list such that you can view both the current day's tasks and overdue tasks? This is how I have it set up on Outlook. I only have to change my task options when I want to view completed tasks. I would like to be able to see Today's Tasks, Overdue Tasks, and then Tasks with no due date (in that order...it's consistent with Outlook and Windows Mobile OS).

Thanks!

DejaOffice Team
    Task alarms should be fixed is 1.6. Task alarms should have worked prior to 1.6 if they were manually added on the device. The issue was only with alarms synced from the PC.

1. Go to Settings/Calendar Settings and make sure "Ring Alarms" is checked - This must be selected for Calendar and Task alarms to work.

2. If there are future task alarms on the device that were synced with a version prior to 1.6, the task alarms need updating. Here's how:
    Option A: Open CompanionLink on the PC. Go to Options at the top, and select "Reread PC data on next sync" and then run a sync. This will "update" the tasks on the device so the alarms should ring.
    Option B: A quicker way to fix this is to open a future task with an alarm on the device, change some text, then save the task. This should properly save the task alarm so it will ring in the future.

I hope this helps.

"O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Thanks to the DejaOffice crew for version 1.6, The repeating event feature on the calendar now works on my HTC Droid Incredible. It took me several attempts at installing it, but I finally muddled through. I still miss my Palm Centro, but DejaOffice makes it more bearable.

I hope the team can soon fix the issues others on this forum still have.

Jason, thanks for your answer. But in fact task alarms doesn't work on my G1 (with 2.1 ROM). I checked settings as you say, everything is ok here. I see alarms for meetings but not for tasks. Nor for sycned nor for manually created on device.

Hope you're finding the Beta release for DejaOffice 1.6 to be as good as you expected.

Can you give us some idea when you expect to clear Beta and have it available for general release?
    We realize there are no guarantees... so you're best guess estimate will be fine.

Thanks
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by CLCTO View Post
    Here is a Beta release for DejaOffice 1.6.0 for Android. Release notes are below.

To download this release, enter this link on your phone. It will bring you to a web page you can use to download the beta.

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

NOTE: Beta releases may not be tested with AT&T Backflip because AT&T does not allow downloads outside Android Market.

DejaOffice v1.6 BETA

*Added the ability to add/create/edit recurring events within DejaOffice

*Added account selection options when syncing with the native Android apps

*Added Froyo automatic mounting support

*Improved native contact/calendar sync speed

*Fixed an issue where disabling contacts/calendar syncing on the PC would disabled sync b/w DJO and native apps

*Fixed an issue where email addresses wouldnt sync from the native contacts app

*Fixed and issue where the website field would sync incorrectly

*fixed an issue where task alarms synced from the PC would not ring

*fixed an issue where all day annual recurring events synced one day early to the native calendar

Closed Thread