Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta Release DejaOffice v1.6.0 for Android

Jason,

I checked my settings per your description above, and they are set properly, with "Ring Alarms" in the calendar settings checked. I did in fact set my test task alarm manually on the phone, not from my PC, after I downloaded V1.6, and it still did not work properly. Please keep me abreast on any future updates to the software so that I know that it's working properly. I will purchase the final version when at least the task alarms work, otherwise it's not of as much use to me, as I rely on these frequently for personal and business use.

Thank you for your work in trying to resolve this,
    Raymon

DJO 1.6.0; Moto cliq; read android data consistently generates "The application DejaOffice (process com.companionlink.clusbsync) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
    This may be because the native contacts are empty. DJO has 2 contacts.

Android 2.2 / Outlook / DejaOffice Sync / CompanionLink Pro Sync

I upgraded to Android 2.2 yesterday and tried to sync today with CompanionLink Pro but was unable to get it to work. I read the form and upgraded my DejaOffice to 1.6.0 Beta. It appeared to sync fine but when I went back to check a contact I added in Outlook, it did not show on the HTC Evo/DejaOffice or native database. I am currently having the sync to reread the PC data and will let you know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by blm2hb View Post
    Reoccuring events now show up on Vibrant which is good. However, now I notice there is 5+ second lag each time I switch between calendar dates or calender views. It tests your patience waiting.
    Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Anyway to go back to 1.5.x until that's corrected?

DejaOffice Team
    We have a completely redesigned way of how we display calendar items. It's designed this way to handle much larger amounts of data and recurring patterns. I'll work with the devs on improving that speed though. Thanks for your input.

There is an UPDATED Beta release for DejaOffice - v1.6.1. Release notes are below.

To download this release, visit www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp from the phone.

NOTE: Beta releases may not be tested with AT&T Backflip because AT&T does not allow downloads outside Android Market.

DejaOffice v1.6.1 (8/4/2010)

*changed task due date sort order to include no due dates at the end

*fixed an issue where DejaNotes would sometimes crash adding a new note

*fixed an issue where modifying recurring events in DJO would not sync to PC

*fixed an issue where default task priorities were set to high

*fixed issues with sort orders in list views sorting capitalized and international characters incorrectly

*fixed an issue where the recurring pattern first/last weekday/weekend day of the month/year would sync incorrectly

*fixed an issue where recurring events starting prior to Mar 14 would sync an hour ahead

*fixed an issue with Droid X where contacts data could be lost or merged

NOTES FOR DROID X USERS:

*If any users have experienced loss of data or merged data in past releases this release will most likely correct the problem in DejaOffice and on the PC.

*Contacts will still appear merged in the native contact list. The flag we set to ‘un-merge’ gets overwritten by the DROID X OS. Currently the only work around is to select the Contacts, go to Menu, then Unlink.

Yes, the long lag when switching calendar dates or views needs improving. Good product though.

DejaOffice Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan@work View Post
    Yes, the long lag when switching calendar dates or views needs improving. Good product though.
    Look for an update Monday that improves calendar speed.

DejaOffice Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar00k View Post
    Jason, thanks for your answer. But in fact task alarms doesn't work on my G1 (with 2.1 ROM). I checked settings as you say, everything is ok here. I see alarms for meetings but not for tasks. Nor for sycned nor for manually created on device.
    Look for an update Monday that fixes a certain issue with task alarms.

DejaOffice Team
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymonWilliams View Post
    Jason,

I checked my settings per your description above, and they are set properly, with "Ring Alarms" in the calendar settings checked. I did in fact set my test task alarm manually on the phone, not from my PC, after I downloaded V1.6, and it still did not work properly. Please keep me abreast on any future updates to the software so that I know that it's working properly. I will purchase the final version when at least the task alarms work, otherwise it's not of as much use to me, as I rely on these frequently for personal and business use.

Thank you for your work in trying to resolve this,
    Raymon

Look for an update Monday that fixes a certain issue with task alarms.

Closed Thread