Thread: Alarm problem with 2.3.0 (352)

Alarm problem with 2.3.0 (352)

I loaded DejaOffice 2.3.0 a few weeks ago in the hope that some issues I have with recurring entries being incorrectly transfered between Lotus Notes & DejaOffice. As far as I can tell (and I have not done extensive testing) the recurring entries issue seems to have gone away, however I now have a problem with alarms.
    The symptoms are:
    1. In general no alarm sounds any more
    2. By rebooting the phone all previous alarms start to appear
    3. dismissing the alarms does not seem to work as the alarms come back each time he phone is restarted.

The above is particularly true with recurring events.

One other more annoying symptom of all this was the phone overheating and heavilly consuming battery.

To get rid of the problem above I uninstalled dejaoffice and the phone cooled down immediatly.

I have now reinstalled and removed alarms on recurring entries and everything seems ok for the time being, apart from the fact that still alarms do not ring at the correct date and time.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII under ICS and running dejaoffice 2.3.0 (352)

Mobile Device : Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100); OS: Android 4.0.3
    DejaOffice version#: 2.3.0 (352)
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink Express 5 build 5040
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..): Lotus Notes Release 8.5.1FP5 Revision 20101014.1307-FP5 (Release 8.5.1FP5)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaConnect USB
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar. : ??
    Last edited by StPot; 10-15-2012 at 08:44 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StPot View Post
    I loaded DejaOffice 2.3.0 a few weeks ago in the hope that some issues I have with recurring entries being incorrectly transfered between Lotus Notes & DejaOffice. As far as I can tell (and I have not done extensive testing) the recurring entries issue seems to have gone away, however I now have a problem with alarms.
    The symptoms are:
    1. In general no alarm sounds any more
    2. By rebooting the phone all previous alarms start to appear
    3. dismissing the alarms does not seem to work as the alarms come back each time he phone is restarted.

The above is particularly true with recurring events.

One other more annoying symptom of all this was the phone overheating and heavilly consuming battery.

To get rid of the problem above I uninstalled dejaoffice and the phone cooled down immediatly.

I have now reinstalled and removed alarms on recurring entries and everything seems ok for the time being, apart from the fact that still alarms do not ring at the correct date and time.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII under ICS and running dejaoffice 2.3.0 (352)

Mobile Device : Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100); OS: Android 4.0.3
    DejaOffice version#: 2.3.0 (352)
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink Express 5 build 5040
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..): Lotus Notes Release 8.5.1FP5 Revision 20101014.1307-FP5 (Release 8.5.1FP5)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaConnect USB
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar. : ??
    StPot,

Thanks for the feedback.
    I have been testing alarms on the Galaxy SII and the behavior you report is not the general result we have had. Please do this test for me.
    Can you open DejaOffice, exit the app and relaunch DejaOffice instead of powering the device off and on? A specific process has to be running in the background that sometimes gets turned off. This can be due to The Android OS attempting to conserve power, or due to a third party application that is trying to free up memory or extend battery life.

As a third party application, DejaOffice is does not have the same kind of access that the Native Calendar or Alarm apps are given. So how one configures the device, and third party utilities can have a rather dramatic affect on the alarm function.

I have also found that in this version the alarm (tested for calendar events) make sound only one time and not persistently every x min (also if selected in settings) if one don't dismiss or postpone. In the previous versions this work ok and repeat the alarm sound for more that one time.
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damjang View Post
    I have also found that in this version the alarm (tested for calendar events) make sound only one time and not persistently every x min (also if selected in settings) if one don't dismiss or postpone. In the previous versions this work ok and repeat the alarm sound for more that one time.
    I will forward this information to the Dev team.

Thanks

Just to know: I have tested the persistence of alarm in the version 2.3.1 (367) and is the same as 2.3.0 (352). Regards
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)