Thread: DJO sometimes does not sync appointments or notes (afterpart)

DJO sometimes does not sync appointments or notes (afterpart)

Hi Thomas,

I can understand that, but the fact is I do not use workarounds : the tool was installed with admin account but I have to use it with a normal account.

Is CLP not compatible with a normal account use ?
    This will be a severe critical issue for users in term of security.
    Microsoft encourage Windows users to install with admin rights and to use with normal rights : isn't it ?

Regards.

Thomas answer :
    ---
    Laurent,
    In the bigger picture, CompanionLink is designed to be installed on a PC with an ADMIN account. If this is not the case it is very likely there will be challenges and unexpected behavior in a number of different areas. If you have found a work around I congratulate you.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5044 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laurentdjo View Post
    Hi Thomas,

I can understand that, but the fact is I do not use workarounds : the tool was installed with admin account but I have to use it with a normal account.

Is CLP not compatible with a normal account use ?
    This will be a severe critical issue for users in term of security.
    Microsoft encourage Windows users to install with admin rights and to use with normal rights : isn't it ?

Regards.

Thomas answer :
    ---
    Laurent,
    In the bigger picture, CompanionLink is designed to be installed on a PC with an ADMIN account. If this is not the case it is very likely there will be challenges and unexpected behavior in a number of different areas. If you have found a work around I congratulate you.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.11 + CLP 5.0.5044 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync
    Laurent,

You are absolutely correct.
    This issue has two points:
    1. Does the Outlook Security notification cause a dataloss when syncing? (We are investigating this right now)
    2. Is it possible for your Outlook settings to be changed to prevent the notification.
    Regarding point 2
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...red_in_Outlook

As you have pointed out, this may or may not be possible for to change with your current security settings.

We will continue to work on our end looking for a possible data loss when the Outlook Halts the Sync.

Best,

Thomas

I thank you Thomas !
    1. Yes, this is the case, and I have tried with another sync tool to check the appointments syncing with the security pop-up just to see, and it works well for the text inside appointments. I'm sorry to give you such a defect to analyse, but there is no workaround for me... I think this is just a very small mislead code.
    2. I have admin rights for everything, but this notification is forced regularly on the PC by network : I can't rid of that definitively. I must live with the security feature active in Outlook like other workers.

Hope you will find something :almost all of my past CLP/DJO bugs are corrected to date !

Regards.

Private message sent because of : http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...ll=1#post11742

Better to close: it's too intricated with security blocking even if I do not understand why my other products works well with calendar contents with the same Outlook security alert !? Regards.

Case closed. Thanks.