+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All-Day events spanning multiple days

All-Day events spanning multiple days

Hello,

I found several issues concerning all-day events spanning several days.

In the latest beta version in list view the alarm symbol (bell) is displayed for all but the first day, even if no alarm was set for this event.
    listview.jpg

When inserting or editing an all-day event spanning several days (like Herbstferien in the screen shots) in the edit screen the from and to dates are shown correctly, when opening the date-time-picker, the from date is shown also as end date:
    edit.jpg datetime.jpg

Inserting a new all-day event spanning several days in the edit screen I first select all-day and then open the date-time-picker where for the start and end date the current date is displayed. When modifying the end date, the start date is also changed.

I hope you can understand my description. Feel free to ask any further questions.

Regards
    Malte
    DejaOffice 3.1.2 (631) on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Android 4.4.4 German ---
    MS Outlook 2010 German on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ---
    CompanionLink: 6012 - DejaConnectUSB (ADB Mode) ---
    Sync with Android contacts: DejaOffice-Account - No Sync with Android calendar

Are there any news from the developers about this error?
    Is there a time when this will be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by mvscheven View Post
    Hello,

Inserting a new all-day event spanning several days in the edit screen I first select all-day and then open the date-time-picker where for the start and end date the current date is displayed. When modifying the end date, the start date is also changed.
    Maybe the date-time-picker (screen shot 3 in the above post) is not required for all day events. About 90% of the screen is inactive. When tapping the date buttons in the insert/edit screen you could directly show the date picker (month view calendar overlay).

Regards
    Malte

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mvscheven View Post
    Hello,

I found several issues concerning all-day events spanning several days.

In the latest beta version in list view the alarm symbol (bell) is displayed for all but the first day, even if no alarm was set for this event.
    Attachment 139

When inserting or editing an all-day event spanning several days (like Herbstferien in the screen shots) in the edit screen the from and to dates are shown correctly, when opening the date-time-picker, the from date is shown also as end date:
    Attachment 140 Attachment 141

I hope you can understand my description. Feel free to ask any further questions.

Regards
    Malte
    Malte,

I see the same behavior in 2.3.2 that you are reporting with the date picker.
    Start Date moves to the selected end date. I will report this to the dev team immediately.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Hello thomas,

It has been a long time and my DJO and CL were working fine.
    Today I discovered the same problem as mentioned above.

I did make a new entry in my calendar for multiple days and checked the all day box.
    The second day (and following days) of the multiple day appointment suddenly have an alarm set on 1/1/1970 01:00.

I did check this with an older appointment and there the issue is also present.
    It never was.

And in my Palmdesktop everything is fine. There is no alarm present.

Is there any news about this?

Thanks as always,
    Lexie
    Last edited by Lexie; 12-17-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexie View Post
    Hello thomas,

It has been a long time and my DJO and CL were working fine.
    Today I discovered the same problem as mentioned above.

I did make a new entry in my calendar for multiple days and checked the all day box.
    The second day (and following days) of the multiple day appointment suddenly have an alarm set on 1/1/1970 01:00.

I did check this with an older appointment and there the issue is also present.
    It never was.

And in my Palmdesktop everything is fine. There is no alarm present.

Is there any news about this?

Thanks as always,
    Lexie
    Lexie,
    Please follow these steps:
    1. Open CompanionLink on your PC Desktop
    2. Click the gear next to Palm Desktop v4.1
    3. Select the applications tab.
    4. Click the Calendar on Android before sync" Check box option.
    5 Sync your device again.

Does DejaOffice still display the incorrect information?

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Hi Thomas,

this is not a problem of synchronizing. The alarm for 1/1/1970 at 01:00 for the second day (and following days) of the multiple day appointment is created directly in DJO when inserting a new appointment.

I tested the following:
    ==================
    - insert a new entry in DJO calendar for multiple days:
    insert.jpg

- confirm and open list view:
    listview.jpg

- The new appointment "Test" is shown on December 18 to 21, but there is the bell symbol on December 19 to 21. Tapping on one of those, the details including the alarm on 01.01.1970 at 01:00 are shown:
    alarm.jpg

The alarm is not synced to outlook, but is still present after synchronizing.

Regards
    Malte

Hi Thomas,

I have already done that because I thought I had a problem with my syncing.
    And since I am an expert after all the problems with syncing in the past. I installed a backup of my Palmdesktop file on the computer. I uninstalled DJO from my phone, deleted the clusb folder. Reinstalled my backup clusb folder and installed a new DJO.
    Then I did a new sync with the box "wipe calendar before sync".
    This didn't solve my problem.

I did the same test as Malte and got the same results.
    It is not a sync problem since it will occur in DJO without syncing.
    And after syncing the alarm is not found in Palmdesktop.

I hope this helps,
    Lexie
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexie View Post
    Hi Thomas,

I have already done that because I thought I had a problem with my syncing.
    And since I am an expert after all the problems with syncing in the past. I installed a backup of my Palmdesktop file on the computer. I uninstalled DJO from my phone, deleted the clusb folder. Reinstalled my backup clusb folder and installed a new DJO.
    Then I did a new sync with the box "wipe calendar before sync".
    This didn't solve my problem.

I did the same test as Malte and got the same results.
    It is not a sync problem since it will occur in DJO without syncing.
    And after syncing the alarm is not found in Palmdesktop.

I hope this helps,
    Lexie
    Lexie,

Thank you for verifying this.

Are either of you Syncing DejaOffice with the Dative Android Calendar? If yes what Calendar Account?

Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #

hi Thomas,

I only use DJO. It is the only calendar that comes very close to my palmdesktop and my old and retired treo 650.
    I never use any other calendar nor do I sync with other calendars.
    I especially check every now and then to see if all the right boxes are still unchecked to keep from synchronising with native calendars as well as google.
    This way I also want to avoid that google gets my data for privacy reasons.
    And I still have to find some time to check out how I can sync with my Nexus.
    I now only use and sync from my palmdesktop to my Desire HD and vice versa.

I never have had this problem before and I do use DJO since January 2011.y
    Last edited by Lexie; 12-19-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Hello Thomas,

I am experiencing the exact issues stated above with DJO on my phone. I have several multi-day all day events without any alarm, created in Outlook and DJO. When viewing in Agenda View, it shows the first day of the multi-day all day event without an alarm. The remaining days of the event all show an alarm. When opening the event in DJO, it shows that no alarm is set. When tapping the event for the second day, the snooze/dismiss screen comes up with the alarm of "12/31/1969 16:00". I have opened all days that show an alarm in DJO and have dismissed the alarm. Outlook does not show any alarm set. Upon syncing, the alarms are reset in DJO for all but the first day showing "12/31/1969 16:00" again and Outlook still shows that no alarm is set.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know. I look forward to resolution on this issue.

Skip

Mobile Device and OS - Motorola Atrix (MB860) / Android 2.3.6
    DejaOffice version# - 2.3.3
    CompanionLink build # - 5032
    Data Manager App - Outlook
    Sync Method with CompanionLink - Direct USB
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar - Contacts-Outlook Personal Folder Contacts; Calendar-Outlook Personal Folder Calendar

+ Reply to Thread