+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All-Day events spanning multiple days

Just tried this on the custom version I have trying out to solve the alarm problems and can confirm that I get the same results
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

I haven't done a controlled experiment with this, but, syncing a few multi-day, all-day events from Outlook (one-way sync, Outlook -> DejaOffice (latest beta)), each entry for each day has an alarm set, and sometimes at varying times from each other.

I don't think I have alarms set as default for created events on Outlook, either.

I will do a controlled experiment later to check this.

Very surprising if DejaOffice and CompanionLink with Outlook were to be doing random things like this after all this time existing.

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    I haven't done a controlled experiment with this, but, syncing a few multi-day, all-day events from Outlook (one-way sync, Outlook -> DejaOffice (latest beta)), each entry for each day has an alarm set, and sometimes at varying times from each other.

I don't think I have alarms set as default for created events on Outlook, either.

I will do a controlled experiment later to check this.

Very surprising if DejaOffice and CompanionLink with Outlook were to be doing random things like this after all this time existing.

- Tim
    I can tell you that these alarms are phantoms created by either DJO or CL during sync. They do not actually go off or create notifications. Because of this, for the longest time i never even knew they were there. In fact, I only discovered them looking a this thread and trying to figure out what people were talking about. I'm guessing there is some piece of code that got left in the wrong place doing something that has no real effect. At least in my case.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I can tell you that these alarms are phantoms created by either DJO or CL during sync. They do not actually go off or create notifications. Because of this, for the longest time i never even knew they were there. In fact, I only discovered them looking a this thread and trying to figure out what people were talking about. I'm guessing there is some piece of code that got left in the wrong place doing something that has no real effect. At least in my case.
    Actually, if you click on an event instance that contains one, often you will get the alarm window for that time pop-up (where you can dismiss it).
    i.e. you see an event, it says it has an alarm, you hit the 'edit' icon, and you are presented with the alarm dismissal window.

- Tim

Hello Hook,

I don't think they are created by synchronising.
    As I have writen earlier, I did create a new multiple day appointment in DJO and saved it. The first day of the appointment was ok.
    I then looked at the second ( third and fourth) day of that appointment and the alarm was present and dated 1/1/1970 01.00.

Since it is a new appointment and I didn't sync it yet...

If you do a sync after that to the Palmdesktop the alarm will not appear in the Palmdesktop but will still be present in DJO.
    So CL does not transfer the alarm.

Which leads me to conclude that it must be a problem in DJO.

Lexie
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

Been trying to set up a number of annual recurring all day events in DJO to remind me of birthdays for friends and family. When you set up an alarm the date for the alarm seems okay when you set it up but if you go back to the event the dates for the alarm seem to be different from that set and in some cases several years different.

Perhaps there is a problem with the way DJO handles alarms for all day events. I am keen to have show as all day events as they show up at any time of day.

(Using custom version of DJO for alarm sounding problems)
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Been trying to set up a number of annual recurring all day events in DJO to remind me of birthdays for friends and family. When you set up an alarm the date for the alarm seems okay when you set it up but if you go back to the event the dates for the alarm seem to be different from that set and in some cases several years different.

Perhaps there is a problem with the way DJO handles alarms for all day events. I am keen to have show as all day events as they show up at any time of day.

(Using custom version of DJO for alarm sounding problems)
    We are going a lot of work on the alarms for DejaOffice 2.3.x right now.
    Most of the dev team is on Holiday right now. However I will be passing notes to them after the Holidays so we can continue making the alarms and recurring events work better.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    We are going a lot of work on the alarms for DejaOffice 2.3.x right now.
    Most of the dev team is on Holiday right now. However I will be passing notes to them after the Holidays so we can continue making the alarms and recurring events work better.
    No! Call them all back to their desks! Make them work through New Years Eve - No Champagne until they finish the code! ;-)

- Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Malte,

I see the same behavior in 2.3.2 that you are reporting with the date picker.
    Start Date moves to the selected end date. I will report this to the dev team immediately.
    I'm looking forward to a fix on this, subject to another thread: http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...oo-linked-quot. Thank you.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Android 4.4.2 - DO 2.5.9 (538) - CL 6008 - Direct USB sync (Mass Storage Mode) - Outlook 2010
    CL sync Android to Outlook one-way only - Sync with Android Contacts App (Contact Account DO) - No Sync to Android Calendar App - PC & laptop Windows 7

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfo View Post
    I'm looking forward to a fix on this, subject to another thread: http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...oo-linked-quot. Thank you.
    rfo,

I believe this issue was fixed in 2.3.3. Are you still using 2.3.2b?

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread