Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Syncing crashes almost always

Bump bump bump
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Same problem here ...

"now shows the DJO Home screen, which can not be closed with exit, saying that a sync is in progress"

Confirming "EXIT" and opening DO again brings the "normal" sync screen and after a few seconds (sometimes) the "OK" screen (or DO hangs and I get the android message Abort/Wait/....

VERY ANNOYING

Michael
    Last edited by MG111; 02-06-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

Hello Michael, McLion -

We're aware of this issue. What is preventing a fix is that we cannot replicate the issue consistently here - doing so helps our developer identify what in the program is tripping up the sync like this. Logs haven't been helpful, unfortunately.

A few more questions:
    -Have either of you moved the application to the SD card? Direct USB won't work if you have - it simply can't be supported. (I don't think this is the case - just mentioning to be thorough)
    -Does Manual Sync mode work? Here are directions:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...droid_USB_Sync
    -Please install version 2.2.1 of DejaOffice from here, and let us know if the USB sync is more stable in this old version. If it is, we may be able to isolate the change causing the problem:
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...e2_2_1_289.apk

Just an FYI - we are anticipating posting version 2.4.0 of DejaOffice as a beta in a few days. Because we haven't isolated this issue, that version won't address the problem. We'll keep working on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Hello Michael, McLion -
    -Have either of you moved the application to the SD card? Direct USB won't work if you have - it simply can't be supported. (I don't think this is the case - just mentioning to be thorough)
    No.

There's no such setting in DO DejaOffice 2.3.5 (377) (12/18/12), is it? (I forgot to update my signature till now, sorry!).

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)

No
    I have never seen the Manual Sync before nor do I see a way of activating it.
    -Please install version 2.2.1 of DejaOffice from here, and let us know if the USB sync is more stable in this old version. If it is, we may be able to isolate the change causing the problem:
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...e2_2_1_289.apk
    I'll try this later and let you know the results.
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    I'll try this later and let you know the results.
    Sync with this old version does not crash.
    It even ends itself when finished and showing the message box that says that the sync is finished and returns back to Android Homescreen. IMHO, it could even leave the last message that tells the user that the sync is finished on screen and let the user confirm this with OK.

Belinda,

how about the manual sync method in DO 2.3.x?

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)

... and ... what now ?

Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    Belinda,

how about the manual sync method in DO 2.3.x?

Michael
    Yes - Manual Sync mode does exist in version 2.3.x:

If you're having trouble enabling this mode, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    ... and ... what now ?
    McLion -

We'll take a look at this issue again - unfortunately we can't reproduce it consistently here, so we haven't been able to give our developer anything to work with. We'll keep trying.

-Belinda