Thread: Can't edit record immediately after saving it.

Can't edit record immediately after saving it.

As reported in another thread about a different issue, I wanted to report that if you edit a Calendar record, then hit "back" and DejaOffice reports that it has been saved, if you hit "edit" again, you are presented with a BLANK screen. You have to back out twice, to the main Calendar view, and THEN go back to editing a record, to see it.

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    As reported in another thread about a different issue, I wanted to report that if you edit a Calendar record, then hit "back" and DejaOffice reports that it has been saved, if you hit "edit" again, you are presented with a BLANK screen. You have to back out twice, to the main Calendar view, and THEN go back to editing a record, to see it.

- Tim
    Tim,

Please verify if this behavior occurs in DejaOffice 2.3.2beta. It is available on the DejaOffice Website for download.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Tim,

Please verify if this behavior occurs in DejaOffice 2.3.2beta. It is available on the DejaOffice Website for download.
    Thomas - if I install 2.3.2beta, and then want to go back to the previous version, how can I do that without uninstalling the app? I don't necessarily want to find the beta breaks anything important in order to find out if it fixes this problem. :-)

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas - if I install 2.3.2beta, and then want to go back to the previous version, how can I do that without uninstalling the app? I don't necessarily want to find the beta breaks anything important in order to find out if it fixes this problem. :-)

- Tim
    It is easy to uninstall DejaOffice and then re-install from the Google Play Store.
    We can wait if you have reservations about the beta build.

It is easy to uninstall DejaOffice and then re-install from the Google Play Store.
    We can wait if you have reservations about the beta build.
    I just want to make sure I won't lose data nor settings if I uninstall one build and reinstall another (go back to an earlier version), and that the data and settings formats are compatible, that's all. If you say they are, I'll give it a try.

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    I just want to make sure I won't lose data nor settings if I uninstall one build and reinstall another (go back to an earlier version), and that the data and settings formats are compatible, that's all. If you say they are, I'll give it a try.

- Tim
    Tim,

That would not be expected. This beta includes only a few minor bug fixes.
    To guarantee no data loss - please back up your PC Data.

Well Thomas, I tried the 2.3.2 beta, and no, the same faulty behavior happens.

If I edit a Calendar item, change the date (say, to tomorrow), hit back, it says "Saving record".
    But when it returns to viewing that item, the date has not been changed to the new date.
    When I click "edit" again from there, it goes to a blank screen (It is bracketed by the DejaCalendar header and footer, but has a blank screen in the middle - also, the 'edit' icon is still active, but clicking on it has no effect).

If I hit "back" TWICE to bring me back to the main Calendar view, THEN the Calendar item has moved.

BUG.

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    Well Thomas, I tried the 2.3.2 beta, and no, the same faulty behavior happens.

If I edit a Calendar item, change the date (say, to tomorrow), hit back, it says "Saving record".
    But when it returns to viewing that item, the date has not been changed to the new date.
    When I click "edit" again from there, it goes to a blank screen (It is bracketed by the DejaCalendar header and footer, but has a blank screen in the middle - also, the 'edit' icon is still active, but clicking on it has no effect).

If I hit "back" TWICE to bring me back to the main Calendar view, THEN the Calendar item has moved.

BUG.

- Tim
    Tim,

I will compare that behavior in our lab.
    I assume you have Powered the device off and back on. Correct?

Tim,

I will compare that behavior in our lab.
    I assume you have Powered the device off and back on. Correct?
    I hadn't shut down and restarted, but just did - no difference in behavior, still broken.

- Tim