+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarm and Search Issues: DJO v2.3.x

Alarm and Search Issues: DJO v2.3.x

I've had to roll back to DJO version 2.2.11. Both DJO v2.3.1 and 2.3.2 beta have broken google search functionality and the alarms just do not act predictably. I've tried completely uninstalling DJO, reinstalling it from the store and then from the beta APK downloaded from the DJO site. I've also completely deleted the DJO folder from my internall storage and recreated it. The issues detailed below have only been remedied with reverting to 2.2.11.

Google Search... The conduit connecting all of DJO to the Android OS search feature do not work any more (v2.3.x). My search queries simply do not return any results from DJO. Slightly annoying. I've tried toggling the DJO search "enable" check box in the "Searchable Items" menu in the Android OS search feature. I've also cleared the on-device search history. Neither action has fix this issue

Alarms... This one is particularly frustrating. I depend on the "Persistent" alarm feature. Persistent alarms ceased to work at all (calendar and tasks) with DJO version 2.3.x. In 2.3.2 I found that once an alarm triggered everytime I launched the main DJO window, the alarm would pop up again. Very annoying. Snoozing the alarm worked correctly, but then it would only ring and vibrate once and not at the 5 min intervals I selected.

I have relatively high confidence in v2.2.11 keeping my on time for my meetings. Versions 2.3.x seem to have a significant glitch in the alarm subsystem.

I do like the graphical improvements and refinement up through 2.3.2. Just need the alarms to work.

P.S. A side request... In "new calendar events," could you program it so when the date is tapped the calendar pops up instead of the time-chooser? It's a minor nit, but it would be quite a bit faster to not have to tap the date, and then tap the date again in the time-chooser to get to the calendar.

Many thanks for all your work!

Also having the same problems with the alarms.

Cecil
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Same here: the persisten alarm don't work...
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Updated to 2.3.2 and problem still there on Wildfire. Don't know about the Nexus as I use the alarms on it
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

I am also having problems with persistent alarms

They no longer repeat since the latest upgrades.

Samsung Captivate
    Android 2.2
    Deja Office 2.3.1

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    They no longer repeat since the latest upgrades.

Samsung Captivate
    Android 2.2
    Deja Office 2.3.1
    Hi Everyone -

The problem with persistent alarms should be corrected in (beta) version 2.3.4. We would appreciate it if you could confirm that this is the case after upgrading:

Thank you -

-Belinda

I have done a fast test and work ok (but only after a restart of the phone): the persistent alarms are back. But I must done some more tests...

But i find another little bug the second time the alarm sound (and the third etc.) the alarm melody play for 3 or 4 seconds and then start from beginning. This happen only from the second repeat. I try to change melody but it is the same also with another melody.

Thank you
    Damjan

I've loaded 2.3.4 beta. Persistent alarms are working again and now at the time interval set for "persistence" the alarm rings twice. I've also noticed the LED on my phone doesn't blink anymore for non-dismissed DJO alarm notifications when my screen is off (It blinks for my other notifications as normal). I tried setting an a test calendar event and then restarted my phone. The test calendar entry alarm was set for 9:25pm with 0 minutes selected in the Alarm drop-down menu. Once my phone restarted I didn't check DJO again until well after 11pm at which point my test calendar event triggered the DJO notification alarm. Weird. It seems there may be a "alarm" service that must be restarted once my phone was rebooted.

In 2.3.4 I still find it annoying how all the current, active alarms re-trigger whenever I launch the DJO main screen.

The Google Search conduits for DJO still seem to be completely broken in version 2.3.4. I have to go into DJO to search for anything stored in DJO.

Hopefully this is helpful feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by damjang View Post
    But i find another little bug the second time the alarm sound (and the third etc.) the alarm melody play for 3 or 4 seconds and then start from beginning. This happen only from the second repeat. I try to change melody but it is the same also with another melody.
    Let me explain how to replicate this bug:
    - in android select a long notification ringtone (I have a custom ringtone long 25 seconds)
    - In DejaOffice Alarm settings: DejaOffice Alarms: selected; Play Sound: selected; Vibrate: selected; Default Alarm: No alarm;Snooze time:5 min; Persistent: selected
    - create a new task for DejaCalendar, give a name, select a from and to date/time (eg from 2/12/2012 13:00 to 2/12/2012 14:00)
    - select alarm: 5 minutes
    - (I have also default settings to Time Zone:Central Europ. Time amd Show as Busy)
    - At the desired time the allarm ring ok and vibrate once (don't touch notthing)
    - After 5 minutes the allarm ring again: vibrate one time and play the melody for 3-4 seconds and then vibrate again and restart the melody and play til the end. Here don't touch anything.
    - After another 5 minutes the allarm ring again: vibrate one time and play the melody for 3-4 seconds and then vibrate again and restart the melody and play til the end.
    - After another 5 minutes same as above

here I stop and click to Dismiss alarm. I don't know how many times the alarm wil ring, maybe forever? Maybe another option to set how many times the alarm repeats and then automaticaly stops will be usefull?

Then I have another bug, when allarm don't stop for repeating task. Here how to reproduce:
    - In DejaOffice Alarm settings: DejaOffice Alarms: selected; Play Sound: selected; Vibrate: selected; Default Alarm: No alarm;Snooze time:5 min; Persistent: selected
    - Create a new task in DejaTask, give a name, select start date (eg. 2/12/2012); select alarm (the same day at 14:00); set Recurrence Monthly by Date every 1 months; Repeat End: never; Private: yes
    - at defined time the allarm ring
    - after the ring finish acces the phone and in screen Alarm tap Dismiss all
    - then go in DejaTask and set task as Complete
    - after 5 minutes the allarm ring again and in bar compare the DejaOffice Icon
    - also if I open the bar and tap on DejaOffice icon nothing happen
    I can only stop the allarm rebooting the phone (if I want to repeating task) or delete the task (in this case I lose the task).

Quote Originally Posted by Techwiz View Post
    The Google Search conduits for DJO still seem to be completely broken in version 2.3.4. I have to go into DJO to search for anything stored in DJO.
    Yes, same here. Sometimes the DejaOffice result is shown, but very rarely...

Damjan G.

So, after a full day of using DJO 2.3.4 I've found a couple different things...

-Persistent alarms are absolutely solid for both calendar events and tasks. The alarms stop appropriately when I dismiss the DJO notification windows. Alarms are predictable, stable, reliable, I love it. I've found that any new calendar or tasks alarm after loading DJO 2.3.4 will ring only once at the appropriate intervals (persistence working beautifully), however existing calendar and tasks I had set before I loaded DJO 2.3.4 all ring twice on the persistent interval. Not a terrible thing, but the double-ring is a bit annoying. The second ring of the "double-ring" happens about 2-4 seconds after the first one. This might help explain the interrupted ring tone damjang was experiencing

-I am still not able to get the DJO-Google Search conduits to work. Completely broken for me.

-The notification LED on my phone (Atrix 4G) still does not blink for DJO notifications.

+ Reply to Thread