Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sync and other problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5

    Sync and other problems

    I believe all my problems started with the last update to 2.3.1 on 11/13/12, at least I haven't had the problems for the previous years that I've used DejaOffice. Device - Motorola Droid2 Global. Sync via USB with Companion Link.

    Problems I've noticed:
    When attempting to sync the phone begins its sync, and opens sync on pc. In the past there was a message on phone and pc that says sync is finished and press OK, then a final sync on phone would occur stating it had completed and the phone would unmount. Now only the pc gives me the message regarding sync is finished and to press OK. The first couple of times I thought I had missed the message on the phone, but its not occurring and when I go to use any DejaOffice app shortcut on the phone it says they are not installed. And DejaOffice doesn't appear in my apps list. I can restart the phone and they are there again to be used and will open, but nothing synced. It appears that other apps actually aren't there too until I restart after attempting to sync, with the only common element of this occurring being the attempted sync.

    Also, ringtones that have been assigned no longer work. They are still assigned to the contact, but ring something completely different, even after re-assigning them.

    Please help, I need my contacts and calendar to sync so that I'm not lost.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    They are working on the sync issue: http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...-almost-always
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks. I didn't find that thread in my search, as it was dated well before my update or problems started. Did the Beta version work for you?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Nope. Unfortunately, no change at all.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by PRMountain View Post
    Also, ringtones that have been assigned no longer work. They are still assigned to the contact, but ring something completely different, even after re-assigning them.
    Hey PRMountain,

    How are/were your ring tones working in relation to DejaOffice and your device's native contacts app?

    Thanks,
    Marston
    Mobile Device and OS - Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket - SGH-I727, OS = Ice Cream v4.0.4
    DejaOffice version# - 2.3.1 (367)
    CompanionLink build # - 5068
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..) - Outlook
    Sync Method with CompanionLink - DejaConnet USB
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. -

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    Why doesn't reverting to previous version of DejaOffice not fix the problem for me? I've tried the previous two versions before the update and still won't sync properly.

    Marston - previously ringtones worked properly. I believe I had them set in device's contact, but not positive. They show up linked to ringtone, both in device and DO.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    It appears I've fixed my problems, although no help from DejaOffice, rather from me reading through post after post of sync problems. I found a common element, DejaOffice had been moved to the SD card. I moved in back to the phone memory and it appears to have fixed the issues. The problems didn't start with moving the program to the SD card, rather the recent updates. The program had been on the SD card long before the updates caused the problems.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •