+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I get my Droid to display the name with the phone number when someone calls

How do I get my Droid to display the name with the phone number when someone calls

When someone calls me, my Droid doesn't display the name either from Deja Office or from People. How do I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by pennycook71 View Post
    When someone calls me, my Droid doesn't display the name either from Deja Office or from People. How do I fix this?
    That is a very good question Pennycook. I have asked this to AT&T, Samsung and the folks and users at DejaOffice, with no definitive answer. The problem appears (as I see it) to be that there is no API (Application Programming Interface) between the DejaOffice product and the native People/Contact on the Adroid-based phones, thus, any information contained within DejaOffice will never pass-thru to the application on the phone.

Now, strangely, I have have had all of my contacts mysteriously show up in my People/Contacts and when people who were in that list would call me, I would see their caller-ID. No one seems to know how they got there. AT&T and Samsung had suggested that I had them sitting on the Google cloud, for which I do not or that I had them stored on the SIM, which again, I do not.

Have you reached out to your service provider and/or the manufacturer of your device? If you are with AT&T, a heads-up, they are going to tell you to use their Kies application to bring your contacts over to the phone. Caveat, it doesn't work, at least, not like it should.

Marston
    Mobile Device and OS - Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket - SGH-I727, OS = Ice Cream v4.0.4
    DejaOffice version# - 2.3.1 (367)
    CompanionLink build # - 5068
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..) - Outlook
    Sync Method with CompanionLink - DejaConnet USB
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. -

Quick update Pennycook, I just did a sync and guess what?????? Caller-ID is displaying in the devices' contacts. How???? I do not know. I have noticed that there is an option on my device under when you go into Contacts called 'connections', never saw that before. And it has DejaOffice as a 'connection'.

Hmmmm!!!!! maybe they (Samsung and the folks at Android) finally opened up an API to their application/operating system?

As I look further, I also noticed that there is a DejaOffice group that apparently got created when I was doing the sync. This is starting to look good. One problem though. The assigned ringtones did not go over to the native contacts on the device.

Martson
    Mobile Device and OS - Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket - SGH-I727, OS = Ice Cream v4.0.4
    DejaOffice version# - 2.3.1 (367)
    CompanionLink build # - 5068
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..) - Outlook
    Sync Method with CompanionLink - DejaConnet USB
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. -

Marston and pennycook71

The android phone app can not directly access the DJO database to show the caller.
    For this reason, DJO has the option to locally (and automagically) sync to a native android contacts account. This is setup in the DJO settings and I suggest to use the DejaOffice account that is available. Make sure to have the DejaOffice account set active in the native contacts settings.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

+ Reply to Thread