+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrading from 2.2.11

Question Upgrading from 2.2.11

I would like to upgrade to version 3.0. I go to the "about DejaOffice" screen and press "Check for DejaOffice updates". The area highlights as I touch it, but goes back to background as soon as I remove my finger, and nothing else happens. What else do I have to do?

Thanks
    LJMoss

There is no 3.0 version of DJO.
    The latest (release) version is 2.3.1 and if you don't mind working with a beta this is 2.3.2.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

OK... 3.0 was a misread on my part, but back to the upgrade question, how do I upgrade from v2.11 to 2.3.1. Pressing the "check for upgrades" line under "about DejaOffice" does nothing.

2.3.1 is in the play store. It should tell you the update is available.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

... otherwise go with your browser here: http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/ and download.
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

I've tried the Android Play Store as well as the Amazon store. The only options I get from the stores are to "open" or "uninstall". If I select "open", it just takes me into the existing application on my Android phone. I don't get an upgrade option. I've downloaded the upgrade to my PC, but then, how do I get it to the phone?

Browse to the DejaOffice download page from within your Android, not with your PC. Download with Android (.. from our server .. link) and Android will ask you if it should install after the download automatically.
    Or .. connect the Android the PC, copy the downloaded apk over to the Android and execute it on the Android - if this sounds too technical for you I suggest to stick with the first option described before.

Well, I tried it as you suggested downloading directly to my Android phone. I clicked on install, it starts installing and then dies with "application not installed".

Try to remove DejaOffice and then do a fresh install from the Playstore.

Thanks! That did it. I had been reluctant to go the uninstall/reinstall route as I was afraid the uninstall might take out all my data as well, but it didn't.

LJMoss

+ Reply to Thread