+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Deja-time stops

My Deja-time stops

Very often my Calender activities doesn't alarm.
    Every time I can see that the red time-line in Calender is stuck somewhere before the activity starts (before the actual time).
    I have had the same problem with DejaOffice 2.3.0, 2.3.1, 2.3.3 and 2.3.4

The Android time works all right all the time.
    I have a SonyEricsson Xperia Arc S with Android 2.3.4 and have restarted the phone several times.

What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Per L
    Last edited by Per L; 12-07-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Wrong phone name!

Now I have two red time-lines

In addition to my problem described above I found today (when my activity actually alarmed) that I had two red time-lines (see picture). After a minute or so one of the red lines disappeared.

What is going on?

Per L
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Per L View Post
    In addition to my problem described above I found today (when my activity actually alarmed) that I had two red time-lines (see picture). After a minute or so one of the red lines disappeared.

What is going on?

Per L
    Hello Per L -

This isn't a problem we've seen before. Let's try this:

1. Open the system Settings menu > Applications > DejaOffice > Tap to Force Close
    2. Reopen DejaOffice
    3. Does the red line now show correctly?

We're also curious whether or not your system is set to automatically update the date/time via network connection. To find out, open the system Settings menu, then Date & Time. Is 'Automatic date & time' checked?

Thank you for your answer!

Your question 3: I can't say but guess yes. The red line allways shows right after a while and I don't have to do anything special.
    Your last question: Yes, 'Automatic date & time' is checked! I have so far only connection with internet through Wi-Fi. But that have never caused any problems with my Android-time which allways shows right.

Today I took a couple of pictures when my Deja-time stopped:
    Picture 1: Android time was 21:03 (9:03 afternoon) and Deja-time was stuck on about 19:10 (7:10 afternoon)
    Picture 2: A short while before 21:12 (9:12 afternoon) the Deja-time suddenly "jumped" from 19:10 to the right time

I think this is the main cause to missing alarms.

Per L

The last couple of days I have observed the following:

- The red Deja-time line stops several times every day
    - Once I have seen two red time lines like the first picture above (but this time it was 1-2 hours between the red lines)
    - Several times the stuck red Deja-time line jumped to the right time during me looking at the calender (I did nothing)
    - The red time line always stops (at least the last two days) before an activity with an alarm. It stops at the alarm time (for me 5 minutes before the activity) and the alarm sounds first.

Per L

In addition to my previous obseravtions I can now add:

- The red Deja-time can be stopped for many hours. Picture 1 shows Deja-time 9:55 (before noon) and Android-time 15:25 (3:55 afternoon) and picture 2 shows Deja-time about 10:45 (before noon) and Android-time 19:10 (7:10 afternoon)
    - The red time line does not always stops before an activity with an alarm (picture 2)

Per L

I canīt use a calendar that doesnīt alarm from time to time (because Deja-time stops frequently) so from now on I have to use another calendar which I can trust!

Per L

+ Reply to Thread