Thread: Syncing with Outlook (MS Office 10 & Win 7)

Syncing with Outlook (MS Office 10 & Win 7)

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running jellybean. When AT&T synced my contacts from my Blackberry, the native Note 2 Contacts truncated the BB Note field which in some cases had lots of information. And they never synced the Calendar, Notes or Tasks.

So, I'd like to resync from my laptop but will I still be limited by the native Contacts app and how can I get around that. I am not sure if I need both Deja Office and CompanionLink. And, to avoid duplication of contacts, how do I get rid of what's already on the phone or do I just "prefer" that which is on the computer and the sync software will kill what's there?

DLCPA

Just so you all understand, I am new to Android and I don't know what program(s) to use. Deja Office, CompanionLink or both. When AT&T shifted over contacts, they last frield, the catchall note field whaich had lots of information, was truncated. I guess the field sizes between Outlook, Blackberry and Android are not the same.

To further explain, I have no exhange server and all my information is on Outlook 10 on my laptop and was on my Blackberry Storm 2. That is it. There was nothing online or on a company server. I'd like to keep it that way and be able sync my Note 2 to my Win laptop and Outlook from MS Office 10, totally without Google or any cloud and at thin a e same time I'd prefer not to lose Contact Fields, that are in Outlook, to whatever goes to the Note 2, nor do I want the Outlook note field truncated in the Galaxy Note. Is that possible?

Am I explaining this right?

DejaOffice = Andorid app for contact, calendar .... that uses it's own database to overcome the limitations of the native android database (available fields ...)
    Companionlink = Piece of software for your PC that enables syncing from your PC app (i.e. Outlook) to the android DejaOffice database, offering various syncing path (USB, Wireless, Web ..)

You need both and to start off you need to have one database that is up to date (suggest Outlook on PC).
    - Wipe all data on your device that you want to have fresh reloaded from your PC.
    - Install and set up DejaOffice (special remark to set up syncing to native data)
    - Install and set up Companionlink
    - ... and start your first sync with the option Wipe all records on android before sync

Thats it
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    DejaOffice = Andorid app for contact, calendar .... that uses it's own database to overcome the limitations of the native android database (available fields ...)
    Companionlink = Piece of software for your PC that enables syncing from your PC app (i.e. Outlook) to the android DejaOffice database, offering various syncing path (USB, Wireless, Web ..)

You need both and to start off you need to have one database that is up to date (suggest Outlook on PC).
    - Wipe all data on your device that you want to have fresh reloaded from your PC.
    - Install and set up DejaOffice (special remark to set up syncing to native data)
    - Install and set up Companionlink
    - ... and start your first sync with the option Wipe all records on android before sync

Thats it
    McLion,

Always grateful for your help.